Chapter 13 - Mike

Requirements:
1. Woman
2. Beautiful (preferable white and blonde)

What the fuck is this?!

I look at Rainey in disbelief "who made this?"

"Apparently... you" she points at my name. Yes it's written that this is the requirements for Mike Anderson, COO of Hall Industries, executive assistant. But who made it? I'm sure as fuck it wasn't me. Not just the requirements are more like requirements for hooker, but it is also racist and I am proud of myself and family for far being a racist.

"Hell no!" I almost tear the file. I look at Rainey "you don't believe this shit, do you?"

She raises an eyebrow at me. And I lost my control. I was so pissed with her earlier this morning, when I thought everything gets better at lunch now she came with another bomb, and she looks like she believes I'm the one who gave this shit to the HR.

"What the fuck, Rainey!"I throw the paper in front of her and stands up. I glare at her "I never gave this shit to HR. By now you should know I take my job seriously. I like women, yes but I do know that I need more than just a stupid woman to be a great executive assistant. And hell, I don't even remember I ask for a specific gender. Men also can do what women can do. Vice versa"

She just looks at me. I can't decipher what is on her mind.

"And for you to think so low of me is just..." I exhale. I lost words. "Never mind. I'll send the new requirements" I walk to my desk but Rainey holds my wrist.

"Sit down, mister" she says calmly.

I look at her and sit down. Now I sit across from her. "Look, Rainey. I have so much work to do. And I don't have time to deal with this shit. I don't know how to explain to you that I didn't send this shit to HR. But I'm not. I would never do that."

"So, if I believe that... " she gestures at the file I just threw in front of her. "You will stop pursuing me?" She asks.

I look at her for a while. "No" I say firmly. "I'm not lying that I'm disappointed you believe I could do this shit. But I will find who fucked with me to prove myself. But not now. I can't. My hands are tied. You know how busy I am." I shake my head. I have a lot in my hands now, not to mention the election and Ethan not in the office. 

She smiles a bit "and you have to say thank you to me"

"Excuse me?"

She opens the file and gives me another paper. "I already finished the job, Mike. I'm your executive assistant. You should know that people put the word 'executive' not just for shits and giggles . They put it because you should have that quality to become the executive assistant"

I look at the paper. It was a printed email. Actually that's my email to the HR.

"This is your email back then to the HR, Barbara Alken, the one who signed the requirements paper" Rainey says and she takes the paper that I threw and shows me Barbara Alken's signature. What the fuck!

"What is wrong with this woman? Where is she?"

"She resigned 2 weeks after she submitted your paper"

"What?" I'm confused now.

"Bianca Alken" Rainey says. Should I know this woman? Who is Bianca Alken?

Maybe I looked confused, Rainey exhales "Bianca Alken, newbie model. You spotted with her at an event back then." Rainey gives me her phone with my picture and a blonde woman. I couldn't remember her name but I know I.. um... had one night stand with her.