Chapter 26 - Rainey

Oh my God!

A tent with lamps, candles and pillows. I look at Mike. He is grinning at me. I look back at the setup. This is like the one I've always dreamed of when I was a kid and teen.

"How do you know?" I whisper.

"Um.. know what?" He looks at me.

"I've dreamed of this place since I was a kid." There is no way it's a coincidence.

His eyes widened. "Really?" And he told me about John's paint. It was my dream when I was a kid to have this kind of fairytale. I was surprised John still remembered this. And... he puts Mike as the guy.

I smile and look at him "thank you" I whisper. He grins. That happy grin is everything. I feel my heart is full.

"Go sit down, I'm going to take our dinner"

"You made the dinner?" I'm surprised.

"Just a simple fish and chips. Don't expect too much" he says and goes to the room.

I look around. This is so beautiful. I sit in the tent. There are a lot of pillows. It's very cozy here. The candles are electric so I don't have to check my every movement.

Mike comes back with 2 plates. He gives both to me and he goes again. I chuckle. He really is sweet. He comes back with 2 glasses and a bottle of Merlot.

He sits next to me and takes one of the plates. "Try it" he says.

"You cooked this?" I eat the chips.

He nods. "Hope you like it. If not, at least eat the chips"

I laugh and take a bite of the fish. It's good. The fish is juicy, the outside is crispy. "This is good, Mike!" I say and bite a big one.

He grins and kisses my cheek "thank you sweetheart"

I blush and he eats his food. We enjoyed the food, talking about anything, teasing each other.

We're done with the food. He puts the plates aside and we're enjoying the wine.

"How long have you prepared this place?" I ask him.

"Um... this morning"

"By yourself?"

"nope" with a popping p.

"Who was here helping you with this?" I laugh.

"No. I'm the one who recreated this scene from John's paint. But I asked Troy to help me. He helped me order the tent, lamps and candles." He laughs.

"I didn't know you were a romantic person" I say.

He chuckles "trust me. I didn't know that too until today." And I laugh.

"You like it?" He looks at me.

I look around and back at him "I love it"

Our eyes lock. Mike caresses my cheeks. I lean to his hand and smile. He leans forward. I swear he was a second away from kissing me. But no. He abruptly stands up and clears his throat. "Wait a minute." He says and takes the plates to the inside.

I blink. Huh? What happened to him? I take off the blanket from my laps and ready to come to him when he comes back.

"Mike?" I look at him, confused.

He clears his throat and comes to me. One of his hands at his back comes to me with a bouquet of purple aster. It's so pretty. I look at him and smile. "Thank you Mike" I take the flowers and smell them. So good! He comes and sits down next to me and clears his throat.