Chapter Nine: Another Place, New Friends.

Evelyn:

Humming with the radio, an egg sizzled in the pan. Bacon cracked and popped in the pan next to it, Latia popping up behind me with a devious look on her face. Cocking my brow, a crooked grin danced across my face.

"Nice gift you put in the suitcase." I teased lightly, the smell of the egg nauseating me slightly. "It worked. However, I can't tell if it was so we could have a pup together." A soft blush rose to her cheek, her fingers pressing together. Tucking her hair behind her ear, she shrugged her shoulders.

"I didn't put it there, Grayson did." She exclaimed cheerfully, helping herself to the scrambled eggs on the table. "He must have overheard you saying something. But thanks for confirming without me having to ask you. It will be so much fun being pregnant together." Cracking some pepper on the egg, I slid it onto his favorite plate. Hudson walked in sniffing the air, his eyes falling on the plate with bacon, and a perfectly fried egg waiting for him. Wrapping his arm around my waist, his lips pressed the top of my head as he sat down. My toast popped up, the butter melting as I spread it across the golden bread.

"I have to go to the vampire village or whatever they call it to observe the werewolves put up the walls today." I announced cautiously, Latia tossing me her keys. "I will be back in a couple of days." Hudson's lips parted to protest, Latia stopping him.

"The vampires will be putting up the silver fence today, so fair is fair." She uttered tiredly, munching on a piece of bacon. "She is the second strongest here. Besides, she will call every night until she comes home. Also Theros promised to watch her." His eyebrow twitched, his fingers drumming on the counter.

"Like he did last time." He snapped hotly, his wolf begging me to stay. "You ended up in the hands of some starving vampires. I can't get the image of you sliding into an eight foot tall vampire's mouth." A growl rumbled in my throat, my wolf growling alongside me.

"Screw you." I grumbled, tossing my toast in my trash. "That was my fault, you idiot." His inner wolf whined as I slammed the door behind me. Hopping into her car, the seat belt clicked into place. Looking up at the window, Hudson stared down at me. Why did mates have to get possessive? The engine roared to life, the tires screaming as I peeled out of the driveway. Cranking the AC, heavy metal played on the radio. Trees flashed by me, the brakes crying as they screeched to a halt. Werewolves were already working on the wall, Theros running out to me. Turning off the car, I rushed out to hug him.

"Evie, I am sorry." Hudson apologized sadly, his wolf howling in pain. "Please talk to me."

Ignoring him, Diamond ran out to me. Placing her hand on my stomach, she smiled warmly. Crossing my arms across my chest, vampires stared at me hungrily. Theros took me to his Victorian mansion, black paint covering it all. His umbrella covered his wife and him, the red door squeaked open. Placing his finger on the mouth, his black t-shirt and black jeans throwing me off. Diamond was wearing a black sweater dress, her hair cascading down her back.

"How can some of them be out in the sun, but not these ones or you really?" I asked quietly, the caskets all around me freaking me out. Dragging me to the kitchen, a couple of vampires were attempting to cook. Burnt food filled the air, my head shaking.

"They are half vampires, so that doesn't really work that way. The ones trapped inside during the day are purebreds, like us." He explained, the burning food pissing me off. "Can you help them cook? They have been fucking up all night. I just want to feed the werewolves." Nodding my head silently, irritated looks flashed in my direction as I dumped the food into the trash.

"I just need a dishwasher, and everyone else is free of duty." I snapped bitterly, the smell making me sick to my stomach. "You can rest. Where are the humans that made those half vampires? May I borrow them?" Theros dialed up a number on his phone, a couple of humans walking into the kitchen. Opening the fridge, I pulled out a box of eggs.