Chapter Twenty-Seven: Broken Ribs, and A Sweet Mission!

Evelyn:

Humming in the kitchen, I was preparing some food for the engagement party. The Beta wolf was just as important as the alpha, so a party was necessary. Hudson wrapped his arms around my waist, everyone was still on edge. The horror of my kidnapping broke me, the very thought of another wolf attacking me sending chills up my spine. My magic was still not there, the last couple of days breaking my limits. Exhaustion weighed on my eyelids, a yawn pouring from my lips. Of course it didn't help that a clicking noise echoed in my ears with each simple movement, sighing even proving difficult. My muscles still ached, ultimately proving to me that I was not up to my duties. No one needed to know, so why tell them. Why did I have to get downgraded to a normal werewolf? This sucked being a normal werewolf, his lips brushing against the nape of my neck. Snuggling my head into his neck, the light bounced off of my bouncing knife. There was simply no time for this, so much work was ahead of me. No rest for the wicked they say.

"How about we get out of here to go get the cake?" He whispered huskily, holding my bump. "Latia will finish up. You basically already finished." Rolling my eyes, he knew that wasn't true. Latia skipped in, shoving me out of the way, her gentle smile pissing me off for no reason. Perhaps it was the malicious intent behind her smile, or was it that she was taking the job entitled to me. Either way, my inner wolf was on edge today. Calm down girl, I told my wolf. Shaking her head, she refused to relax in the slightest bit. Grayson shooting me an apologetic glance, Hudson ushering me out. Spinning on my heels, a snarl curled on my lips. A fever burned my cheeks, his arms catching me. Why did I have to be so pathetic right now? Tears welled up in my eyes, a cry of raw pain wanting to escape my lips.

"I am taking you out so you don't have to do everything. Honestly, I just want to take care of you." Hudson explained calmly, clammy sweat soaking my skin. "You are seriously injured and should be taking it easy. Please do that for me. We all love you Evie." Gritting my teeth, the stubbornness of my wolf was yelling at me to get back to work. Pressing my forehead into his chest, he was right. What good would I be if I was put out of commission. Gripping his shirt, an electrical jolt of pain jolted my body. Twitching in his arms, something felt off. Why couldn't I pin the cause? The trouble wasn't here, but maybe where we were heading. Holding me tighter, silent tears streamed down my cheeks.

"Fine, let's go get the cake." I growled through gritted teeth, his grin growing wider. "You win." Scooping me into his arms, he carried me out to my car. The toasted looking hood taunted me, my fists clenching. When was I going to even have time to fix that damn hood, and paint it with the necessary level of perfection. Lightning, I hate lightning. Groaning in subdued agony, my list just kept getting longer and longer. I could just picture it now, the scroll never ending. Setting me down in the passenger's seat, my black sweater dress hugged my curves perfectly. His black t-shirt hugged his broad chest, his scent relaxing my tense muscles. For some reason his arms were slightly bigger, a bit of drool falling from the corner of my lips. Wiping it from my lips, his face beamed with pride. Guiding my hands to his muscles, my thighs rubbed together. Stop teasing me, you idiot. Keep it up, or you won't have any clothes on your body in a few minutes. Biting my lips, he leaned closer to me. His handsome face was inches from mine, his cock stiffening in his jeans. Reaching for his cock, a small gasp escaped his lips as I cupped him thick girth.

"I see you have noticed my muscles." He bragged hungrily, running his other hand up my thigh. "I figured I should get into shape for the next fight. I want to be able to protect my family and my you. God damn these desires, my wolf has been driving me insane for the past couple of days. I am sorry." Smiling tiredly to myself, my hands cupped his face. Pressing my lips against his sensually, his body pressed against mine. Both of our wolves were begging for it, an irritated Latia yelling at us from the porch. What a buzzkill! At least let us have a bit of fun. Rolling my eyes, Hudson straightened up. Whining sadly, a pout formed on my lips.