Chapter Forty-Four: The Cookie Crumbles More

Hudson:

Sore, I was so sore. For the past few days we had been having sex five times a day, new black bags hollowed out my eyes. Her chest rose up and down, my hands massaging her bump. How was it growing so fast? Stephan ran in with a letter in his hands, the paper fluttering in his hand. A lawyer's name caught my eyes, the sheer panic in his eyes unsettled me. Moving the blankets to hide my lower body, he tossed it to me. My heart sank at the words lawsuit, Evie yawned groggily. Thankfully, she still wore one of my navy t-shirts. The cotton stretched around her bump, her fingers curling around the paper. Jerking awake, she cursed venomously to herself.

"Print off any online arguments you had. I will go to the school and get the video of the fight." She ordered sharply, swinging her feet over the edge of the bed. "I promise to take care of you. For now, have Theros hire a lawyer. One more thing, don't say a single word. Do you understand!" Clutching his shoulders, an awkward silence hung between them. Jumping to her feet, she selected a light orange sweater dress. Shoving a numb Stephan outside, she squeezed her breasts into a bra.

"I am coming with you. We are stopping to get you some new lingerie." I urged sternly, her head shaking. Pulling the dress over her head, she tugged at the much shorter hem. Damn, she was going to need some new clothes. Picking out black leather leggings, she tugged them on. The waistband rolled down, a frustrated growl escaped her lips. Grabbing her purse, her keys jingled in her hands. Yanking on her boots, she called out for Grappy.  Her mind had been made, the poor soul who did this had Hell itself coming their way.  Her genius level of intelligence could shift any war in her favor,  however something felt off about the whole situation.  

"Let's go!" She barked venomously, pure rage seethed in her eyes. "I need you to help him gather evidence. No one hurts my family. We will go shopping after. If I know Theros like I do, he will be coming over with a lawyer." The door slammed behind them, her car rumbling away. Knocking on the door, Stephan opened it cautiously.  A distraught Raven clung to his sleeve, her body crashing onto Evie's side of the bed.  Her scent must have relaxed her as well, Stephan glanced away in shame.  Stepping back in fear, my presence frightened a lot of people. Motioning for him to come, Raven curled up into a ball on our bed. Following me solemnly, he barely looked up at me the moment I slammed him down into the chair.

"Open up your account so we can print everything out." I groaned tiredly, still sore from all of the sex. "I will turn away for a moment." His hand grabbed my wrist, a snarl curling on his lips. Privacy was special to me when I was his age, his broken expression breaking my heart.

"I don't care if you watch. I am just embarrassed by the bullying." He admitted irritably, logging in. "Don't you dare think that I am weak!" Not once did I say he was weak, my thoughts on him were the contrary. He was one of the bravest people I knew, his attitude reminding me of my younger self.  Dragging a chair next to him, the messages popped up. Horrible things were said, the worst one saying that he should die. Hitting the print button, several familiar names popped up. These were werewolves kids, the constant insult of blood sucker and monster haunted the screen. The papers floated to the floor, his shaking hand passing me his phone. Scrolling through the messages, clammy sweat drenched his face. One particular message caught my eye, my eyebrow twitched irritably.

"If you dare come back to school, we will kill you without a second thought." I read out loud, the message only getting worse. "You stole our Raven and impregnated her. You deserve to die." There were times where I despised the werewolf's jealous nature, the phone nearly breaking as I took the screenshot. Sending it to my computer, he hit the print button again. Gathering all of the evidence, a knock on the door interrupted us. A stern man with slicked back silver hair sauntered in, his seven foot slender frame crouched into the door. Steel gray eyes narrowed in my direction, his expensive Italian suit only emphasizing the oddity of the man. Theros poked his head out from behind him, his casual outfit of a black band t-shirt and black ripped jeans threw me off. Fixing his hair, he bowed in my direction.