Chapter Twenty One: A Heart goes Ablaze

Evelyn: 

Watching Grappo chat with Bloodsworth made me beam with pride, both of them happier having met each other. The black Italian suits they wore made them look similar but slightly different, the noise of the restaurant stressing me out. Instead of focusing on the noise, my eyes fell on Bloodsworth's red dress shirt and the silk black dress shirt that Grappo wore. A plate of Caesar salad sat in front of me, my fingers trembling over the salad fork. Something was wrong at home, Hudson's inner wolf calling me back home. Standing to my feet, they both looked up at me oddly.

"I have to go." I blurted out awkwardly, putting fifteen dollars on the table. "Thanks for the meal." Sprinting out of the restaurant, my black lace rockabilly dress fluttered as I ran out of the restaurant. Climbing into my car, cars honked at me as I flew back home. Unable to focus, my fingers drummed on the steering wheel impatiently. Gritting my teeth, black smoke curled into the sky as I pulled up to our gate. Turning off my car, I leapt over the wooden gate. The place where the rescued werewolves were staying was up in flames with no one helping. Water swirled around my arms, Soleil running up behind me.

"Waves of water, put out this blaze!" I shouted over the hot crackling flames, sweat dripping off of my skin. "Vines of truth, find the culprit who started the fire." Green vines shot from the ground, a tsunami sized waves crashing over the flaming building. The flames died down, a soaking wet Hudson standing there with the seven remaining werewolves in his arms. Soot covered his skin, a quiet rage simmering inside of me. One of the clan members did this, and I needed to seek them out. Hell has no fury, like the clan's Luna scorned. Setting them down, panic gripped my mind. Dialing up my doctor friend, horror widened my eyes. None of them were breathing, the smell of a sleeping drug in their veins. Tears welled up in my eyes, all of them were burnt to a crisp. A wail of agony exploded from my lips, the vines dragging a dark haired werewolf with golden eyes. His six foot two form looked tiny in the distance, claws growing from my fingernails. Dirt crunched, his body stopping at my feet. Dropping my cell phone, tears of fury and agony streamed down my cheeks. Grasping him by his throat, a defiant grin sickened me. The rest of the clan gathered around us, my claws digging around my neck. Snapping his neck, his limp body dropped to the ground, my trembling fingers pulling a match box from pocket. His whole body reeked of bitter gasoline, his chest still rising up and down. A single match shook in his hand, the words struggling to come out of his mouth.

"That is the revolution's message to you!" He declared proudly, striking the match. "We don't want you as Luna, you stupid witch." The corner of my lips quivered, orange flames devouring his body. Letting him burn, everyone watched in horror. Collapsing to my knees, my fingers traced the nearest dead body. Standing to my feet, everyone watched as my wolf eyes flashed for a second.

"I will seed all of you assholes out!" I threatened gravely, Hudson trying to calm me down. "So what if I am a witch! What did that have to do with these innocent folks? I was going to send them home tomorrow, and now I have to tell all of the other clans what happened. Then I have to pray that they don't kill me. Stay in the common area, I am searching every single one of your homes. If there is any trace of your little revolution then you will stand in front of me. May the odds be in your fucking favor!" Stomping house to house, nothing turned up. A couple of people pissed their pants, five people stepping forward as a storm began to brew above my head.

"We wanted you out." They admitted shamelessly, standing proud and tall. "We hate you and your stupid witch powers." Hudson stepped forward before I could cause anymore damage, a dark look in his eyes. The five men cowered before him, his finger pointing to the gate.

"You have been banished." He barked venomously, dragging all of them to the gate. "Your behavior warrants death, but I am being merciful. She is Luna, and you dare disrespect her! Take a look around you, do you not see that people are happier than before. Everyday she checks up on the sick, and provides them with medicine that they need. She made you a community meal, and you dare say she is unfit. Get out!" Shivers ran up my spine, his black eyes boring into mine. Turning to run, he tossed me over his back. Hopping over the fence, Stephan shot me a sympathetic look. Sitting me down on a big rock, the rain began to pour. Cowering with my eyes shut, surprise widened my eyes as his strong arms embraced me tightly. Fresh tears flooded from my eyes, him only clutching me like his life depended on it. He needed me right now, his anger was through the roof. Both of us settled down, our eyes gazing lovingly at each other. Unable to contain my mixed emotions, another wail poured from my lips.