02//dreams

Welcome back! update 2/3

Ila James
March 6, 2018
New York City

Dreams are weird when you think about it. Your mind creates these images and it then creates a magical experience. Dreams are so whimsical and are really telling too. A dream got me to where I am. Most nights my dream is the same and honestly I am glad it is. If it wasn't I would think the universe is trying to tell me that this isn't the right path for me to go down. So I take it as a sign that I am doing something right.

Waking up this morning to my alarm and Rosie by my side is honestly a dream in itself. I say this because I never wake up to my alarm after a night of drinking which I wish is a recurrence in my life but it's not. Last night was amazing though. I didn't stay out too late because of my meeting this morning. Crimson's bar is amazing and I can't wait to make it my new spot. It's very Crimson. All you see is red when walking in there because of the red led lights.

Drinking. Smoking. Drugs. Sex.

That is all you see in her bar. That was her dream for as long as I can remember and it was a success.

Last night I only drank and also didn't drink that much. When the girls questioned it, I told them I had a shoot in the morning. They didn't push either, we just continued to dance the night away. When I left around 2 am, they were still going. I will definitely be calling them after this meeting to see how they are feeling.

Blair and Crimson always get a hangover no matter how much they drink. On the other hand, I have never had a hangover in my life. No matter how much I drink or what I drink, no hangover. Which I consider to be a personality trait at this point.

"Okay Google, play Through The Dark by One Direction"

"Turning on Through The Dark by One Direction on Spotify." Smiling, turning the volume to 100 percent scaring the shit out of sleeping Rosie. "Sorry sweet girl, today is a happy day!"

I think coffee is the move for breakfast. Heading into my kitchen I grab everything I need for my coffee and make it. I think this morning calls for a dance party. One Direction is still playing through my apartment. I pick up Rosie and sway her back and forth.

"Little black dress
Who you doin' it for?
Little black dress
I can't take anymore
It's not right
It's not right
It's not right you know"

"Rosie today is a good day for me and you sweet girl." Setting her down knowing she is over me already today and going to fill her food and water bowl. Today is going to be a good day. I am going to make it a good day. No matter how this meeting goes I am going to be positive.

I decided to take a body shower to wash away any alcohol because I definitely don't want to go to this meeting smelling like booze. I would definitely not get this opportunity if I did. After getting out I brush my teeth and do my skin care routine and do my daily affirmations to myself.

"You are Ila James. You are the baddest bitch in the city. You can do it"

I know classy right.

I decided to do a high ponytail since my hair is a mess from last night. Leaving my makeup minimal as well because I want to let my skin breath, so mascara and blush it is. I didn't need much help on outfit selection because I know exactly what I want to wear.

My outfit for today I think shows my personality but also is a bit more professional as well. I paired my favorite blue sweater with flowers on it with mauve corduroy flares that hit right before my ankles. Shoes are my white air forces and I also paired it with my everyday jewelry as well.