30//viva las vegas

Harry Styles
Las Vegas, Nevada
September 4, 2021

I am woken up this morning before my alarm. Why's that? Well my girlfriend now all of a sudden loves waking up early and taking Bob and Rosie on a walk or a run. This is a new development since getting to Vegas. We arrived just a few days ago, on the first. I don't know why she has been doing this, but it's annoying. I know I get up early to work out, but that's me. Ila never is up before 9 even on travel days, so I am allowed to be genuinely concerned right?

When we got back to LA from Venice, it was good. We didn't really have to tell anyone about us getting together because they all saw it coming. We were the last ones to realize that we should be together, I guess you could say we were late to our own party. A whole 3 years later.

"Ila James get back in bed! It's too goddamn early for this shit again." I hear her laugh from somewhere else in the suite. "Harry it's 9 am, it is in fact not early. I let you sleep in." Her voice sounding closer by the end of her last sentence. I look at her, "really?" She nods, "yeah though you needed sleep after last night." she winks at me and walks back to wherever she was. I throw my head back into my pillow. I guess I did need the sleep, because I am still extremely exhausted.

"Can you light my love..." I hear her soft voice sing out along to the song playing, "flames glowing bright as the sun." Light My Love by Greta Van Fleet, has become one of our staple songs we listen to together. "Deeper than oceans you run, watch as our world has begun." This has summoned me to get out of bed, I can feel it in my bones. I make my way to the bathroom where it's coming from. "Your mind is a stream of colours, extending beyond our sky," I belt out and hear that she is in the shower, so I stay in the doorway. "A land of infinite wonders, a billion lightyears from here now." I decide that since I am up, I will use the bathroom so I do that. I am washing my hands. Ila belts out, "whoa, light my love." I can't help but to smile, "whoa, light my love." The water shuts off from the shower and she steps out and wraps herself in a towel. Giggling, as she does this, I sing the next verse. " I have seen pictures of time, the frames still in motion I find."

Taking her hand in mine, "a grand revolution outlined, hate bound by fear will unwind." She just looks at me, I press a soft kiss on her hand, "your mind is a stream of colours, extending beyond our sky." I pull her closer to my body and began to sway, "a land of infinite wonders, a billion lightyears from here now." I spin her around, "whoa light my love," I then dip her, "whoa light my love." As the music continues, I place a light, soft airy kiss on her lips. Earning giggles from Ila, I stand her back up and we sway with each other for the rest of the song. Humming the repeating lyric of 'whoa light my love' and looking at each other.

"What was that for?" I break away from her after the song ends and lean against the sink counter and shrug, "nothing I wanted to dance with my girlfriend is all." She crosses her arms and pouts, "what im telling the truth?" I walk out of the bathroom, "yeah but I just want to know why you are so happy and giddy today." She says, following me out of the bathroom, "ah my dear, it's the first day of tour!" She pulls me into a hug, "I can't believe we are back on tour together H." I take a deep breath in, taking in the scent of peaches, never getting tired of it. "I can." Which is true. I never doubted it a second after that first initial year, that she would be my tour photographer. Even if she wasn't, she would have been with me on tour. I believe that 100 percent, with every fiber of my being.

Like I said before, After we got back from Venice, everything has been more than just amazing, it's been extraordinary. Life with Ila, just makes sense. It works, if comforting, its home. I love her more than anything in this world and I am still having a hard time believing she chose me and that we are together. This is also not me talking about what happened between us but in general. I don't deserve her at all because she deserves the world and I can't give her that, even though that's what I dream for. Nevertheless she settled for me, Harry Styles a British ex-boyband member turned global popstar.