12//california dreamin

Please be nice :)
TW: drinking, smoking, anxiety, depression, knifes

Ila James
July 3, 2018
Los Angeles, California 

One thing that I have learned is that if you chase your dreams and it happens it can happen quickly. I would have never thought how quickly it would happen for me. I still don't even know how I got here if I am honest with myself. One day I am in New York and then the next day I am an intern to a really well known photographer and I am on tour with my idol. That happens to be my best friend that I have feelings for. It's a surreal feeling when everything you have dreamed of comes true and you're watching it happen.

I landed in LA last night. I had to come out here so I can look at apartments and also meet with the team at Variety. I am here until Harry is here for the final shows where I will meet back up with him. Speaking of him, he is forcing me to stay at his place in LA so that I don't have to be in a hotel room for so long and so that I can have a car to get to places instead of ordering ubers. I told him no and well when I landed there was a car there waiting to take me there anyway.

I called him after I got to his house and yelled at him because I was very mad at him for not listening to me. I told him that I was going to call an uber to take me to my hotel that I booked for my time here. In which he informed me that he canceled the reservation, making me even more mad at him.

Obviously I didn't stay mad for long because I appreciate it but also I was here for work when he's not here. It's not the smartest idea because he is a celebrity and I am no one. So, he really shouldn't trust anyone like this. He has a lot of trust in me and it's mutual but, I don't want to break anything here and also I don't want to risk privacy or anything like that for him.

I stayed in one of the guest bedrooms because I want to respect his privacy since he is not here. Walking downstairs, Rosie ran down ahead of me almost tripping me in the process. "Eager aren't we Rosie?" She sits at the bottom waiting for me and meows at me. Grabbing some of her food and putting it in her bowl and refilling her water bowl. I swear I have not seen a cat drink so much water. Sitting at the kitchen island taking in more of the space. "Miss Rosie, we are going to be visiting a few places today so we can come here anytime we want. How does that sound?" I ask knowing that she will never answer because well she is a cat.

I am very fortunate that my parent's pay for my apartment in New York. We never had much growing up and they wanted me to be taken care of while my career started. So we made a deal, I landed an internship and will continue to pay for my apartment until I am well enough off to where I necessarily don't have to worry about rent. Which in turn, I have enough to get a place here in LA.

My parents wanted to also pay for this but I couldn't let that happen. They gave up a lot of stuff for me to be able to have a place like I do in New York. When I make a name for myself I want to give back to them. I want to get them out of Ohio and to a place they have always loved, Seattle.

I got up from the island leaving Rosie to finish her breakfast to get ready for the day. Getting a shower, washing away the airport grime. After I got out of the shower, I brushed my teeth and skincare. My phone buzzed so I looked at it before I finished getting ready. Harry texted me;

From: h <3
Morning Ila! I hope you slept okay. Talk to you very soon! <3

To: h <3
Hey!! Yes I did sleep good, though I was missing my friend to cuddle with. I am viewing 3 apartments today, wish me luck. I am also grabbing stuff from the market after, is there anything you want here for when you get to LA?

From: h <3
Glad to know I am missed as much as you are missed. Mitch was asking me last night how your flight was, he may text you later. No, tbh you know what all I like but you don't have to worry about that. I will get my stuff when I get back into town.