11//could have been me

Ila James
June 29, 2018
Chicago, Illinois 

Chicago has always been one of the cities in my dreams. Not as a place to live or have a career in, but as a place to always go and visit. Now I am not new to visiting Chicago, since it was only about 5 hours away from where I grew up in Ohio. So it was very easy to just want to take a long weekend trip here when life was rough. I haven't been here in a bit because the last 2 years at NYU were hell with preparing for graduation so I am very happy to be back.

We got here last night from Indianapolis and we have an off day today to enjoy the city. That is exactly what we are doing too. Me, Harry, Rosie and the band are going to walk around the city to take in the sights but also try to lay low. I think the band is joining us for the first part of our day and we will split up after lunch.

I got up earlier than needed so that I can get the photos from the last show edited and sent over so I am not stressed about that today or tomorrow. Rosie lays on the bed next to me sleeping because what I am doing is boring her I guess. "Rosie girl am I boring you?" I rub her belly until she's had enough of that. "We will have a fun day. Promise, it's not going to be like this all day."

After I edited the photos I sent them over to Jeff and Helene. Deciding that I should check my emails since I haven't for a bit. Most of them are emails from Clients asking when I will be back and if they can book a shoot time. Ignoring those for now because I don't have the patience when I sent an email back in March of when I will be back. There is one email that I noticed that was sent to me yesterday morning.

It was an email from Variety magazine.

Good morning Ms. Ila James,

This is James from the team here at Variety. We would like for you to come and do the photoshoots for our next 2 editions. I notice that you are currently on tour with Harry Styles and that is your main commitment. We are willing to work with you on availability so that we can be as flexible as possible. That's if you would like to join the team.

I look forward to hearing from you.
James Landon, Variety Magazine

I must have been staring at my laptop for 5 minutes just trying to take in this email. I need to respond but what do I say? If I say yes I may have to leave the tour which I would hate to do but, if I say no Harry would kill me. I will email them and say yes but I can only do it after the tour ends.

Good morning James!

I would love to work with you guys. I am very thankful for you guys giving me this opportunity. Like you mentioned I am on tour until the middle of July. After that, I will be available to work with you guys on these shoots. I am currently an intern for Helene Pambrun, if that changes anything as well.

Thank you!
Ila James

After I sent an email back I closed my laptop, still shocked by what just happened. "Rosie, we may be in LA longer than I thought." Getting out of bed and looking at her, "Would that be okay with you?" Rosie gets up and stretches before walking over to me and bumping me with her head.

I hopped in the shower, wanting to look cute for a day out in the city. Being in such a good mood means a sold out world tour concert time. Kiwi by Harry came on and filled the bathroom. When I say I perform in the shower, I perform. "ITS NEW YORK BABY ALWAYS JACKED UP. HOLLAND TUNNEL FOR A NOSE IT'S ALWAYS BACKED UP" I act like i snort a line because if you don't are you really a fan?

"WHEN SHE'S ALONE SHE GOES HOME TO A CACTUS IN A BLACK DRESS SUCH AN ACTRESS" I hear someone sing from outside of the bathroom along with me. Getting out of the shower and wrapping a towel around my body I run out of the bathroom. Smiling at him, "SHE'S DRIVING ME CRAZY BUT I'M INTO IT BUT I'M INTO IT"