Chapter 1 - Celestine

This world is ruled by the gods. The center of their power and influence – Celestine – the Kingdom standing exalted atop a stoop in the center of the Continent’s terrain. Down below, dark forests, where unknown creatures and adventures lurked, surrounded the kingdom as if protecting, or enclosing, a fortress.

Academia Celestine Augustus, the oldest and most prominent building in all of Celestine. More than a school, it symbolized the kingdom’s power, the power of the gods that ruled it.

It is said it was built by the first chosen ones, the Ciel. It wasn’t hard, laboring work that made that building, it was magic. From then on, the best youth gathered at the school, passing the impossible entry test, and competing to become the next Ciel.

The Ciel each represent one of the gods, and their powers are their gifts as their representatives. As soon as the next generation was chosen, they would spread throughout the kingdom, or even past the forest and farther out, bringing with them their chosen god’s influence, establishing their churches.

But now, that is all over.

One day, all the Ciels minus one travelled farther out of the kingdom, only to never come back. Tales of great battles between them were told, but no one knows what truly happened.

All we do know, is that the remaining Ciel, oddly enough the representative of the war god, who did not participate in any of these battles, took control of the kingdom. Magic was discarded; only physical strength mattered. Soon enough the other races that had ignored their differences and gathered at the Academia to learn and compete, started to hide and disappear.

Humans took control of Celestine, and magic, which slowly faded away with the rest of the Ciel, became a relic of the past, a dream, a fantasy. Only strength, speed, and physical techniques were needed to become the war Ciel.

And so the Academia began to fill with ferocious, muscle-brained, strong warriors with aspirations for the remaining Ciel. The remaining professions were less popular, while the mage and priest class had all but disappeared. This way, the only girls attending were either delicate damsels after a strong, handsome warrior husband who could protect them, the few manly females actually after the title of Ciel, or me.