Chapter 19 - Excalibur, here I come! ...Not! What the hell is this?!

Chapter 19 – Excalibur, here I come! …Not! What the hell is this?!

“Waah, so you really aren’t an angel, huh? Who would have known! Haha…”

Edwards laughed sheepishly as he scratched his head of golden hair. It had already become morning, and everyone was busy packing their things and dismantling the tents.

Taking a lock of my hair, he stared at it lovingly, “But, with such a pure hair color, it is no wonder I made such a mistake! You could even become an angel right now, and no one would notice the difference! It’s like you were born to be an angel! Hahaha!”

The smile on his face had grown quite large and the sparkles surrounding him were working really hard to appear extra bright in the daylight.

While carrying a big pot that looked like it was at least ten times her weight like it was nothing, Felly stooped and looked at Edward to inform him, “But her hair even used to be a really bright golden?”

Eyes going wide as she was momentarily shocked by Felly’s strength, Angie quickly ignored the impossible situation and then calmly nodded in agreement, “Yeah, it might have been even brighter than yours!”

His smile began to waver as Edward’s mouth quickly started acting to save the situation, “Ah, but with such a graceful demeanor, and such kind heart, isn’t she still perfect as an angel?”

“Huh? Are you talking about the same person that just yesterday was laughing so creepily that a whole crowd backed away trembling in fright while calling out ‘a demon! A demon!’?”

With her arms crossed, Angie commented with a raised eyebrow.

“Ah! Don’t forget she just recently tortured a whole settlement of elves because they pissed her off too!” Felly added.

“…”

The smile on his face became even harder to maintain as Edward’s expression began wavering greatly, his face twitching quite a bit.

“Hey, why is he even still here?”

“I heard he slept in Ezekiel’s tent. And they are tight buddies now…”

“…The Ellie alliance?”

“Pfftt!”

As Magnus and Felyn commented dryly and scornfully to the side, before bursting into giggles at his expense, Edward’s situation grew even more dire as his eyebrow began twitching at a rate that even looked a bit dangerous…

But, in a sudden burst of movement, his knee flew to the ground as he kneeled before me, placing a hand to his heart and another one up towards me as he revealed a dramatically sorrowful expression, “Ah, even if the whole world admonishes and judges you, my fair lady…even if they falsely tarnish your image with jealousy…even if they call you evil, wicked, and deadly…I will always be on your side! You will always be an angel in my heart!”

Magnus snorted, “So she’s just an angel in your heart, after all?”

“…When did we call her those things?”

Angie looked a bit helplessly at the bright man and said. Felly only shrugged her shoulders in response, “Dunno.”

“…You’re still carrying that?”

With a twitching smile, Angie looked towards the small Felly and the great pot and couldn’t help but ask.

With a shy smile, Felly said, “Hehe…I still have to deliver it to that kind cook from town.”