Chapter 43 - The day the Demon Lord cast a Curse

Chapter 43 – The day the Demon Lord cast a Curse

Night dawned upon our tea party. A psychic barrier had kept us protected, but all around us the buildings had crumbled into nothing more than useless rubble, dragon fire blazing freely into the night sky, an orange glow amidst the darkness. Shock waves bounced off the barrier and further destroyed our surroundings whenever the dragon Alcander happened to fly overhead and flap his majestic wings, spreading more fire and destruction as he laughed with utter glee.

"Hm? What's this?" Felly leaned in, taking a look at the scroll in my hand. It had unraveled, falling to the floor, the characters written on it glowing a faint purple.

I smiled at her, "The witch's curse. I'm saving it to memory."

Her brows furrowed as she attempted to read it, "I don't understand a single thing..."

Patting her head, I comforted her troubled and pouting self, "Haha, it's okay! It's an ancient magical language. It's normal for you not to understand. And with your abnormal strength, I think it's probably for the best that you don't! It would become too much..."

However, she simply pouted even more and mumbled to herself, "What do you mean...?" She really doesn't know...?I thought a bit helplessly.

Felyn's face twitched as she glanced my way from across the tea-set table, "You aren't planning on doing anything with that curse, are you...?"

From beside her, came Magnus' scoff, "Do you really have to ask? It's Ellie we are talking about here. Don't think too much about it, and just let it happen. It's easier that way." His tone was that of someone resigned to their fate.

"Eh?! But, only witches cast curses!" Felly's big eyes watered as she turned to look at me with a troubled expression. Even Angie, sitting next to her, looked at me with a silent plead of "no way, right?"

I simply waved off their worries, "Don't worry about it. It will be a very nice curse, tweaked by me, so that it only makes the bearers suffer until they change their ways and become good people."

"Do you really think you have the right to judge who 'a good person' is?" Magnus' smile twitched as he stopped mid-way from taking a sip of his tea.

However, he was ignored.

"Wah, what a good idea, Ellie!" Felly's eye shined with admiration.

Edward nodded his head in agreement, "Very good. That way justice shall be delivered upon the hateful witch, yet she still has a second chance to be good. Couldn't have done better myself."

Looking at all the people agreeing so readily to casting a curse, Magnus and Felyn looked around with helpless expressions, before their eyes met each other's. They shared a brief moment of relief, eyes shining.

Only Darek hadn't reacted to the news, except for a slight twitch. With a blank expression, he proceeded to bring himself up and began to nonchalantly leave the scene of strewn flaming rubble and utter destruction. "Well, it is time for me to depart...I have a kingdom to return to, so..."

I happily waved him off, laughing, "Go away, you pervert. And never come back! Hahaha!" As I spoke, a muffled scream could be heard from afar, growing louder and clearer as if approaching.

"Who wants to come back?!" Although he countered resentfully, his voice came out so low it was as if he actually didn't want me to hear. He began to walk off again, but then hesitated for a brief moment, eyes wavering as they caught sight of me happily laughing and enjoying my tea party. My eyes met his, causing him to roughly turn away, "I'm going!"