Chapter 29 - To Slay or not to Slay? To Kiss or not to Kiss? Damn it!

Chapter 29 – To Slay or not to Slay? To Kiss or not to Kiss? Damn it!

"The Demon Lord could not accept happy endings, and so, before the fair princess could be rescued by her prince, he broke her."

Excerpt from 'Collected Legends of the Flower Demon Lord'

Every child grows up hearing of grand fairy tales with terrifying villains that are conquered, with brave princes kissing awake lovely princesses of incomparable beauty. They always end in ephemeral beauty, a happy ending. The scene before me appeared to be one such magical moment.

"Could it be...?"

I carefully approached the door, slowly swinging it open with bated breath. Bright light invaded my senses, blinding me temporarily. When I came to, the light seemed to dance gracefully from the window and onto the body that lay elegantly in the large fancy bed at the centre of the room. Pale, yet rosy skin, lips blossoming in a deep red, hair laid out beautifully around the, well, princess.

"Seems like they worked really hard on this attraction," I nodded to myself.

Again, my eyes flitted to the scene that seemed to glow magically. The whole room was lavishly decorated with beautiful expensive furniture, but the princess caught the most attention. Swallowing dry, I approached her, wondering what a real princess would be like. I just have to wake her up, right?

I almost felt bad waking her up, as she looked like she was sleeping so peacefully...That twitch just now was just my imagination, right?...

As I slowly leaned forward, about to shake her awake...Hey, I'm not a prince, okay? I'm not going to kiss her. Anyway, as I leaned forward...my foot slipped on the silky blanket that extended from the bed to the marble floor.

About to hit the hard floor, my eyes widened. The 'sleeping' princesses' eyes snapped opened, and with amazing reflexes, jumped up as she grabbed my arm, trying to stabilize me. However...

"Kyaaaa!"

I don't think anyone has seen me scream before, right? But, it was indeed mine...

Instead of falling backwards, I fell forward and right onto the 'princess'. Thankfully I didn't face-plant, and held myself with a hand...a hand that touched something no princess should have, well, in between her legs...

In an impulse filled with rage, I quickly pulled myself up, raised my leg, and descended it upon the family jewels no princess should inherit.

"Gyaaaaaaaaa!"

It was not my scream this time.

The 'princess' quickly cowered as far away from me as 'she' could on the bed, screaming, "What do you think you're doing?! And to a princess!"

I pointed my finger in rage, "No princess has that! You fraud! Pervert!"

You might ask yourself how I found myself in this situation. Guess I went forward a bit too quickly in the story, huh? Then, let's forget this trauma and rewind back a bit...

...

As I walked along the path, I was enveloped by a beautiful garden that belonged in a palace, the colours of which seemed more vivid than real, bright green mixing with pinks, reds, purples...

However, slowly, slowly, the colours started to fade, until everything was grey and dusty. Furthermore, something very annoying was blocking the gentle touch of the sun on my skin, leaving the whole place dark and dreary. It was a stark difference.