BOOK 3: Prologue - A herald of Justice Descends Upon the Scene

AN: I know I have skipped book 2, but I will get to it. I seem to have gotten inspired for Book 3 instead...luckily, the first part of Book 3 won't be a spoiler for book 2, so I'm releasing it first. Hope you enjoy this little taste and teaser of book 3! I will probably also post a chapter or two soon, and then try to write Book 2 - Origins. Hope you all enjoy, thank you for reading, and please vote and comment your thoughts!  ;) XD

BOOK THREE

Prologue – A herald of Justice Descends Upon the Scene

Once upon a time, long, long ago...there existed a terrible Demon Lord. Traveling across the continent, only its path of destruction and ensuing chaos remained behind as a sign of its corrupt existence. When surviving victims were asked about the events, they would tremble uncontrollably, eyes wide in deranged fright as they stared at nothing, unintelligible words of utter terror and despair pouring fourth from their shuddering lips.

As the people investigating the events watched the poor souls clutching their heads pitifully like frightened children, they could only image the depraved and ugly existence that had plunged them into such a miserable condition.

It was therefore concluded that a harbinger of destruction and despair had descended upon the world – a fearsome Demon Lord. Who then, would rid them of such a being? Would the Ciels, representatives of the gods, holding immense power, step forward? However, three such Ciels had already fallen victim to the powerful Demon Lord. Was there no hope after all?

As such thoughts of despair weighed down the hearts of the people, he appeared. With an easy smile that conveyed utter confidence, yet at the same time, a comforting, gentle existence. Anyone who looked upon him, would immediately have their fears dispelled, sighing blissfully – "Ah, if it's him."

It was a hero.

It was an existence even beyond that of a Ciel. Holding the blessings of various gods, as well as the admiration of the people as a special source of power, he was someone who protected the weak, and was the embodiment of the ideal "a good guy."

Not many heroes appeared during this world's history – they were legendary beings that appeared only when needed, when all hope was lost. If a hero appeared, this also meant a great evil would soon emerge. Now that his objective had finally revealed itself, the hero embarked on his journey.

His heart beating rapidly in his chest, he took a deep breath of the fresh air surrounding him. Snapping his eyes open, he could barely contain the excitement showing through his handsome features as he gazed into the distance, in the direction of the terrible evil he was about to face. There wasn't a single trace of fear showing through. This was a hero, after all – he was not afraid, he was exhilarated! Finally! Finally! It was time!

Taking a step forward, his shining armor clinking, he walked ahead with utter conviction.