1 ➳ Shades of Gray

Hello, Hamilfam! I am Majestickittycat, and welcome to my first Hamilton fanfiction: My Light in the Darkness. This will be a modern Hamilton AU being focused around Lams (John Laurens x Alexander Hamilton). Yes, it will be a collage AU. I know, it is completely unoriginal but it's all I would think of. I will make sure that the rest of my ideas are as original as possible. Example, I will not write a storm chapter. I think. We'll see, lol.

Go and read the description, it describes the story's plot! But to sum it up, you can only see color when you realize who your soulmate is.

IMPORTANT NOTE: I am very new to the Hamilton fandom so there may be many historical inaccuracies. And this book (at least the first one) will kind of have a sad-ish feel to it sometimes. Not at first, but...you'll see!;) I just have a thing for writing angst. ;^^ There may also be some trigger warnings and mentions of smut but I DO NOT write smut. What I mean is that I may mention they do the do but I wont actually write it. 😂😂😂

This is getting too long so let's just begin the cringe~

||Alexander Hamilton||

:August 20th 2016: (this is the date the story takes place)

The day was just like every day- dark, gloomy, and gray. Not even a spark of light was visible within all the darkness. This was how every day was like for people- excluding the ones who had actually found a soulmate. The ones who actually get to see more than just shades of gray.

I had always wanted to have a soulmate. All my life, as long as I had free time, I had been searching for the one for me. But unfortunately, to no avail. But I'm okay with it, really. I have more interest in my passion for writing anyway. And I don't think I'd be able to have as much time to write if I had found a lover. So I'm kind of in a weird position.

Today was the day I had moved to New York City. The crowded sidewalks and busy streets of the city were not what I was use to. The Caribbean was far different than here. But hopefully I'd grow accustom to it in time.

I was in the collage campus of the city which was way less busy. I would be attending the collage there soon.

I glanced down at the piece of paper in my hands and looked over the words. The words describing my school schedule, which dorm room I would be staying in, and my roommates' names. The names read Hercules Mulligan, a really long name that I dare not speak so I'll just say 'Lafayette', and John Laurens. Their names were nice enough but I hoped that they wouldn't be crazy roommates. I prefer quiet, especially when I'm writing. But even if I like quiet, people often say I talk really loudly and continuously. (Totally a mistake, I'm too lazy to fix it lmao)