24 ➳ His Background

||Alexander Hamilton||

:November 30th 2016:

While John was in school, I was at home in his room, lying in his bed. Today was a Thursday. I don't have classes on Thursday.

Anyway, Halloween is tomorrow but me and John were not making a big deal out of it. We were probably just going to watch scary movies late at night and cuddle. Nothing more. 

I had nothing to do. I was normally typing up essays and catching up on all my work on Thursdays but I just wasn't up for it. I was in no position to leave where I was. John's bed was so soft, and the scent of his pillow was so familiar. I was hugging it like it was the end of the world. I tried to pretend that I was holding the actual John Laurens, but it just wasn't the same. I can't wait for him to get back so I can feel his around around me once more. Man, I just can't wait for tonight. ...That sounded bad.

Well, what my point is that I love him so much. More than anything in the world. Every feature about him, even the smaller ones. He's just so perfect and I can't believe he's mine. I get to keep him all to myself. I mean, that sounds possessive. I just mean that I belong to him. Only him.

I suddenly heard the front door shut which made me rise up from the bed at the speed of sound and run out the door and over to him. I greeted him with a loving hug and smiled up at his beautiful face.

"How was your day at school, my love?" I asked him. He giggled and stroked my hair.

"It was fine. I got in trouble a few times since all I could focus on was you. But it was good."

Earlier that day.

John was sitting in class, completely shutting out the world around him. The only thing that crossed his mind was Alexander. He was completely lovesick at this moment. He had it pretty bad.

"Hey, what's happening with John?"

"He's just zoning out again."

"What's with the goofy grin and heart eyes?"

"Probably thinking about his boyfriend as always."

Boyfriend.

That term felt so good.

It signaled more butterflies to float around in his stomach.

'Geez, when will this day end?'

"Oh, wow." I said, slightly humored by the story. He rubbed the back of his neck.

"Yeah...that's just what happens when your amazing boyfriend his waiting at home for you." Laurens pecked my lips and grinned wide. It was a nice look on him.

"Haha. Surly I'm not amazing." I said with rolling my eyes as I spoke.

"Yes, you're right. You are much more than that. Much, much more, love." He kissed my cheek this time.

I blushed, feeling the butterflies intensely.

"Thanks."

Later that night, we were both lying in my bed, facing each other. There was a comfortable silence between us and we just stared at each other like no one else was in the room, which there wasn't. But I don't like the quiet, so I'm going to ask a question.

"Hey, Laurens, tell me more about your background. I don't think I know this about you yet." I asked calmly. His expression slightly fell.

"Oh, my background? Well, it isn't that exciting. It's quite different from yours." He cleared his throat and explained, "Well, I was born and raised in South Carolina when I was younger. As of two years ago, I moved here. But that's going too fast. Anyway, about my family. I'm an only child, first of all. My parents never really wanted children, let alone my dad. My mother loved children, especially me, not to brag, and wanted to raise a lot of them. But my dad, on the other hand, was hateful and never liked kids. From my mom, he use to be kind-hearted and loving but somewhere along the road, that changed. Anyway, more about my dad. He never really cared for me or my mom. He was constantly talking down to the two of us as if we were his slaves, even when I was young. And that eventually got worse when I opened up to the two of them that I was gay. But that isn't important, anyway, my mom—"