41 - A Letter

||John Laurens||

:December 16th 2016:

I decided to write a letter to Alexander that he could read when he woke up. That's right. When. I knew that he'd wake up and be fine. I just felt it. No way he'd leave me so soon.

I began to write the letter by-hand. I hoped that my writing skills were good enough. Though, they were nothing compared to Alex's poetic way of writing.

But I began to write anyway.

Dearest, Alex

I don't even know where to begin with this. It had been such a struggle dealing with what happened to you, you have no idea. I have spent countless hours thinking about you. Well, that's a lie. I've more-so spending countless hours crying over your fate. But please do not place the blame on yourself. It was stupid for me to let my guard down. It should have been me in your position. I would do anything to go back I'm time to change all this. You are too perfect to deserve any of this. I'm so sorry for what happened. I will never forgive myself for being so stupid. I promise that this will never happen to you again. I will protect you with my life. And I mean it this time.

But I think you would rather not read fifteen paragraphs about me ranting about this. So  I'm going to move on. Everyone has been thinking about you. They all sent you letters as well. They all know that you'll be okay. Same with me. I just know that you will wake up and I'll be able to see you at last. I cannot wait to have you in my arms again. Once you wake, I will rush over there as fast as I can and give you a big bear hug and tell you how much a love you. Haha...

I love you so so so much, Alex. Just thinking about everything we've been through is crazy. These five months have been the best months of my life. You have changed my life forever, In the best way. I am forever grateful that we were destined together. I am also forever confused by how I ever deserved a man such as you but I try to ignore that. I love you, and that's all that matters. You are so special to me, Alex. You have made me realize that true love really exists and that we are in it now. You have made me realize that life can be happy. You have made me realize that anything is possible. You have made me realize so many amazing things. You are my everything, Alex. I'd be shattered without you in my life. I don't know what would happen. Which is why I'm so happy that you're reading this. I promise, I will be over there as soon as possible and kiss you. And everything will be normal again. We'll carry on as if nothing ever happened. I can't wait for that moment.

Well, this letter can only be so long. I don't want to bore you. I love you so much, Alexander Hamilton. I can't wait to see you.

Forever Yours,

-John Laurens

I read over the letter countless times to see if it was good enough. I made edits here and there and it was worth it in the end. I immediately went to the hospital and gave it to a nurse to give it to him when he awoke. And I was so excited for that moment.

-

Mini chapter because I didn't know what else to write about lol.

-Kitty