43 - Safe And Sound

||Alexander Hamilton||
:December 19th, 2016:

"Nuuurse, can I please just be released early! I feel fine! I don't see why I have to stay!" I begged. I was trying to convince the nurse to let me leave early.

"No, Alexander, we still need to run just one more test then get you crutches. You can leave in a few hours. There is no other way." She said.

I sighed and lied back down. I just wanted out of this hellhole.

***(I'm really lazy and tired rn so I'm just gonna skip to when he's actually out of the hospital and back home)

"Are you sure you feel okay? Nothing hurting? Dazed at all?" Asked John. He was really worried about the state I was in. But I couldn't blame him.

"C'mon, I'm only in crutches! This might be annoying, but nothing is really hurting. Well, I have a slight headache but everything else is okay." I argued.

"A headache? D-Do you need an ice pack?" He asked hesitantly.

If he wasn't my boyfriend, I'd totally slap him.

I groaned, "Will you stop being so overprotective!? I said I was fine, so I'm fine!"

He sighed and looked at the ground feeling bad.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry. I just feel...scared now. I feel like I have to be super protective over you now. After what happened, I just—"

I prevented him from rambling by pecking his lips and looking deep into his eyes. "It's okay, Laurens. I understand. Just let me be a little more independent. Okay?" I smiled.

He sighed and smiled. "Okay. I'll try."

We spent the rest of the day watching movies— with Herc and Laf as well— and eating junk food. It was great. But eventually everyone got tired so we all went to bed.

Well, two of us couldn't fall asleep.

It was quiet, dark, and uncomfortable. I know I told John that I was fine, but I was in pain and lonely-feeling. Pain due to my throbbing headache and leg(the one with the cast on it). And the loneliness was due to...I guess it was because I missed his presence. I spent a while in the hospital by my self. This is the first time in over a week that I have been entirely alone and comfortable with him. Well, minus the comfortable part.

"How's your cast feelin'?" He asked me.

I hesitated due to the out-of-nowhere question.

"It's annoying that I can't walk on two feet but it's okay. I guess." I answered.

"Okay good." He paused, "Are you sure nothing is hurting?"

This question again? Seriously?

Might as well answer right this time.

"Well, actually, the truth is that...everything still kind of hurts. But it's nothing to worry about."

He turned to me looking worried.

"Oh, really? You okay?" He asked slowly this time.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine. Please don't worry too much about me. It's actually making me worry. You're never this on edge! Can't you try to be lied back for a bit?" I asked. "For me?"

He sighed, "I'm really trying, Alex. But I'm just really scared. I guess I'm still not over what happened and what I saw. I was so broken. I thought you would die and I'd be alone forever. I was so scared. I didn't know what to do. I felt like there was no point for anything anymore. Now that I know you're safe, I feel better but I still feel unsure. Like you'll be swept away from me at any moment again. And I would hate to have that happened again." He explained while on the verge of tears.

I got closer to him, trying not to wince.

"Hey. I'm not gonna leave again. I promis—"

His eyes widened and he cut me off, "No! Last time you said that you went and left me right away! Don't you dare say that again! I'm not fucking losing you again!" He bluntly hugged me and sobbed hard into my shoulder. I was speechless. I didn't know how much I had hurt him.

I hugged back tightly and rubbed his back. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I didn't know how much I hurt you. I'm sorry."

He sniffed, "I-It's fine." He pulled away and forced a smile, "I'm just...glad you're here now."

I smiled and kissed his lips softly. I pulled away a few seconds later. "What the heck I gotta do to make it up to you?" (I'm sorryyyy)

"Alex, you don't have to. This is my fault. You're the one who was in the hospital for a week!"

I sighed, "Then I guess we make it up to each other. What should we do?"

There was a silence. We both were thinking for the perfect way to make it up to each other.

Then John blushed hard out of nowhere, "I have an idea." He said quietly.

"Hmm?" I asked, now facing him.

He grabbed my hands and looked into my eyes with determination, "Let's make a night neither of us will forget."

-

Kinky~!

Also, what the heck I gotta doooo~ to be with chu~?

Sorry, in listening to that song on repeat rn. Help.

-Kitty