2 ➳ The Squad

||John Laurens||

After mine and Alexander's breakfast at Starbucks, I led him to our dorm room, which had been on the 3rd floor of the building. Room 176.

I know that me and Alex had just met an hour ago, but I liked him already. I hoped that we could be friends in the future.

I unlocked the door to our apartment and opened it for Alexander as he walked inside. I smiled and welcomed him.

"Welcome to the best dorm in this entire building!" I yelled as Alex looked around the room. He seemed concerned with how messy it was. But besides that, I could tell he liked some features about it.

I closed the door and the two of us walked inside. And just as we did, you know who walked into the room.

There was a gasp and a squeal from the two.

"Ohmygosh, is this the new roommate? He's so small!"

Hercules and Lafayette approached us, focusing on the new face. Alexander seemed to be annoyed by their comment.

"Hey, I may be short, but I will tear you into pieces!" Alexander yelled, instantly mad.

The two of them hugged Alexander. He looked very uncomfortable with the sudden embraces.

"Welcome, mon ami! Welcome to our beautiful palace!"

I laughed at the site, "Don't overwhelm Alexander, he just got here. Give him a break."

The two let Alex go. He smiled awkwardly and stepped back over to me. He cleared his throat and spoke,

"You guys are acting like I'm some dog. Don't forget that I'm human too."

After that, I led Alex to an empty room which was which was to the right of mine. It was a small room with a desk on the right side and with a bed in the back of the room. There was a window behind it and a bedside drawer beside it. A large closet was also off to the side of the room. The room's wallpaper was a soft lavender color.

"So here is a spare room you can have. And If you ever need me, my room is next-door." I explained, "'This good for you?"

Alex looked around the room, "Yeah, I guess I'm satisfied. Thanks, Laurens."

Did he just refer to my last name?

"No prob, Bob." I said with a smile, "I'll leave you to unpack your things then. I'll be in the kitchen or something. Bye, Hamilton."

I left the room with a smile on my face as I walked into the kitchen. I happened to walk in on a conversation between Herc and Laf. Lafayette had a look of distress on his face.

"Goddamn, mon cheri, did you eat the last of the ice cream again?" He asked Hercules, clearly annoyed by his actions.

"Oops."

The two turned to me and changed the conversation topic.

"Hey, John. How's the newbie?" Herc asked me. I opened the fridge as I answered his question.

"He's doin' good. I hope he'll grow to like us though, haha." I closed the fridge, sad that there was 'nothing to eat'. Maybe there will be something in the cabinet instead.

"Ha, true."

"I think he likes me though. But you two are really loud at times." I snickered at them. "Correction, all the time."

A look of hurt came across their faces, "Not true!" Lafayette said, raising his voice quite a bit.

I sighed at his false response. "And I'm not gay."

The three of us burst into laughter. It was true that I was gay, but I only tell close friends due to my dad being so harsh about it. But that's another story.

"Anyway, one of us should go shopping. There's nothing to eat." I exclaimed, calming my laughter down.

"But the fridge is full of food?" Asked Hercules confusedly.

"Full of food I'm not in the mood for."

"Fine. Who is up for shopping duty?"

"I did it last."

"And I was before him."

"Dammit."

***

I desperately tried to sleep that night, but with all the typing from next door, that was not going to happen. I climbed out of bed in an annoyed manor and walked out of my room into Alex's. He was sitting at his desk typing away at the keys.

"Alexander, can you, uh, keep it down? That is really distracting." I asked as I leaned against the wall.

Alex yawned and kept his focus on the screen in front of him.

"But I came up with a really good idea for my book! Just give me a couple of minutes, I promise."

I sighed and walked back to my room. Unfortunately, the 'couple of minutes' turned into a couple of hours. There was no way I was getting sleep that night.

So what do you think of it so far? I personally am having a lot of fun writing this

So what do you think of it so far? I personally am having a lot of fun writing this. :)

And I have decided to rate this book 12+, since there are some serious topics and some sexy shit at times. Man, it's gonna get gay.

Mwhahaha

-Kitty