17 ➳ Soulmates

The song in the animatic will be the one used in this chapter. (I do not own the video) It is best if you play it as the character sings it. Idk if makes it seem more real but the choice is yours. :P

||Alexander Hamilton||

I had to admit, today was a really fun day hanging out with the kids at the orphanage. They all seemed to like me, especially Philip. Man, I really liked that kid. I felt a weird father-son relationship with him. And if I had to be entirely honest, I wanted to adopt him, haha.

I got back and as soon as I did, Herc and Laf left? Seriously, they spend like every hour of the day together. I never see them apart.

I said goodbye to Eliza and she gave me a hug plus a kiss on the cheek. She smiled, whispered goodbye, and left.

Sigh...

John was on the couch looking over at me. He seemed...weird. Like he had something on his mind.

He sighed and turned his head around.

Oh, I bet he's jealous.

Let's go reassure him that I still care about him.

I walked up to the couch and embrace him lovingly. "Hey, Laurens. Are you okay?"

He was blushing but still had that sad look. "Y-Yeah...I'm fine. I mean, never mind."

Weird.

"Okay. I'm here if you want to talk."

Laurens stood and walked into his room, leaving the door open. I guess he needs alone time.

I walked over to the kitchen to get something to eat when I noticed the sink overflowing with dishes. I groaned, I forgot it was my turn this week.

So I basically cleaned the dishes for the next HOUR AND A HALF it took to do them.

Seriously...

I love my roommates, but they should be more clean and not use 5,000 different cups each day.

So annoying.

Hmm.

I wonder when me and John will get together. I mean, it has to be soon! Well, that's at least what I hope. I just want him so badly.

...

To my surprise...

I heard faint singing from one of the bedrooms.

Are we to speak, first day of the week
Stumbling words at the bar
Beauty blue eyes, my order of fries
Long island kindness and wine
--

The singing was soft, and comforting and soothing to listen to. My curiosity got the best of me as I walked over to the bedroom it came from.

Beloved of John, I get it all wrong
I read you for some kind of poem
Covered in lines, the fossils I find
Have they no life of their own?
--

There is only one possible person that could be singing.

John.

I quietly snuck up to the door and looked into the room to see him facing the wall and singing. I bent down as I took out my phone to film it. He's gonna kill me when he finds out I filmed him, haha.

So can we pretend sweetly
Before the mystery ends?
I am a man with a heart that offends
With its lonely and greedy demands
There's only a shadow of me in a manner of speaking I'm dead
--