25: The Orchestra of Memories

"Promise to give me a kiss on my brow when I am dead. -I shall feel it."

- Victor Hugo (Les Misérables)

Thank you for 33k+ :)

Marienne's POV:

The whole world was dark for a moment.

Darkness was all that I could see, it was so apt, so prominent, I could almost taste it on the tip of my tongue.

The pain didn't come to me as I was expecting.

In fact, it seemed like as if I was floating in the midst of never ending blank space.

I heard their screams faintly. They were crying out, seeking for help. One was calling loudly. ".....Monsieur.. Monsieur...." But I was limp.

I felt like I was drowning, then someone was trying to take ahold of me..... then I was drowning again.

"....Open your eyes!..... Madame Lindy... Monsieur is breathing..."

I could hear them, I could feel hands grabbing my form, I could smell tante's unmistakable scent, the scent that had been accompanying me for 22 years.

I could feel a warm, wet substance, tricking down from my forehead, to my temples, through my nose, touching my lips. And the, the substance started gushing out like a never ending waterfall.

I was pretty sure that it was blood.

I felt the tacky substance clinging onto my forehead like a leech, but it never dried down.

I felt like I was floating....

An obnoxious sound echoed through the bleakness of the never ending blank space. Sirens.....

"....Oh my god! He has injured his frontal lobe! See the gush? It seems like someone has ran a knife through his forehead....."

Their voices were a haphazard of caress. I could hear them, but the voices were so fade, so unclear.....

It was, as if, those voices were slowly moving away fro me.

Or I was moving away from them.

The opaque became more prominent, the darkest shade was commencing to me, I wanted to run away from the opaque.

But I couldn't.

My hands felt like they were tied down.

And then, I felt like I was falling again.

Falling and falling and falling.

Madeline....

Endless fall consummated my very being as the voices faded away for what seemed like forever.

"....His condition is deterioting."

"...Go 120.... In 3,2,1....."

My body leaped forward..... as it consumed the electric convulsion......

"He is....okay....now..... don't know if he will...."

"He.... in a coma..... don't know....wake up...."

Everything was a blur..... But I could faintly hear them.....

But there was one sentence I could clearly hear.

"He might be able to hear us... might not... be careful with your words..... he is at a risk of having stroke...."

That was the last thing I heard before everything became unfathomable again.