57: The Beauty of a Fragile Chimera (extra)

BOOKNET IS ADVERTISING ME OMFG I AM SO HONORED GUYS WOW WOW

**Breathing****

**Hardcore breathing***

***Breathing intensifies***

I LOVE YOU SO FUCKING MUCH!!! WITHOUT YOU I WOULD NEVER START THIS BOOK EVER THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!

This scene is when Rose finds him out. From Marienne's POV.

Marienne's POV:

Yin and Yang.

Karma.

Fate.

My hand burned from the sharp cut- her salty tears dripped onto my open wound, sending sharp tremors down my nerves, but the pain in my heart was far more profound than the physical pain.

I stared at her, motionlessly as she cried like a child.

What fate was this?

What karma was this?

Did the deity finally decided that I had suffered enough?

Why would her, a victim of my wrath, cry like this for a simple cut?

Maybe she was afraid? Scared? Why would she be worried? Why would anyone be worried for me?

She was one complicated woman, she never ceased to amaze me.

She had inquired me something really simple, yet something so much more complicated. Something that tugged at the strings of my heart- something that made me feel more vulnerable than ever.

"Why not give life a chance?"

I was rendered speechless. What could I answer? What would one answer to that question?

My mind was a jumbled mess, I wanted to break apart. I contemplated running that knife over my artery, tearing it apart and ending my miserable excuse for a life within minutes if not seconds. Then, something stopped me.

An image of her flashed in my mind. It was so random, it was from that day. The day I had found her after five months. The image of her descending down the staircase whilst caressing her protruding belly flashed in my mind.

Then slowly, ever so timidly, a voice mumbled from within me.

"Do you want this boy to suffer then same fate as yours?"

I couldn't think more, my mind went blank as I ran the knife over my palm.

No pain mattered anymore.

"Because I don't have a life in the first place to give it a chance..." I whispered, gazing down at her.

I didn't deserve to live. A person like me deserved hell. Nothing less.

Her eyes shone like two bright scapolite under the moonlight that avalanched through the window- her nose was swollen, her lips bright pink- her cheeks held a shade of wood rose.

An undulate of emotions flowed in my as she squeezed my hand that rested on her warm cheek, snuggling in it. My heart skipped a bit as I stared at her with naked shock.

Why are you doing this Rose?

Why?

"Still...." She whispered, smiling slightly at me, "We all deserve a chance-"

NO!

"Not all of us-" I denied vigorously as I neared her a bit more, "Not people like me."