81: The Accidental Baby

"To escape fear, you have to go through it, not around."

― Richie Norton, Résumés Are Dead and What to Do About It

31 years ago, Victor Manor.

Roy's POV:

The dark cumulonimbus cloud lurked in the nacarat shadows of fallen afternoon, hearkening the impending autumn storm. The birds rushed to their nests, as if sensing the chaos that was bound to happen.

As if something catastrophic, as if something boisterous was being predicted by them- it was going to happen. It was unstoppable, like a wave rushing towards shore.

Rustling wind barged in through the open windows, the white georgette curtains fluttered violently as the influx of that euphoria rushed in the study. The muddy smell filled the room- but it wasn't enough to fill my empty heart.

One of the windows shut abruptly, the loud obnoxious sound resonating throughout the room. A splash of rain flew in, along with the gust of heavy wind- dancing in a wild primal fury.

I stared out of the window with heaviness resting inside my heart, letting the water touch my form.

I fucked up. Big time.

I messed up.

It wasn't supposed to be like this. Sarah wasn't supposed to fall in love with me.

But it happened, and when it did, the reality of the situation hit me like a train wreck.

A monster was in love with me.

I wouldn't be this afraid, I wouldn't be this agitated- normally, I would just brush this sort of feelings off- I wouldn't pay them a mind but this..... Sarah, she is just fucked up.

How the hell do I make the worst decisions ever?

I was afraid of Sarah, her capability and most importantly her deranged mind. She was a psychopath, she was insane. I should have stayed away from her. I didn't. Now I was going to pay the price.

A shiver ran down me as I coiled myself more, blocking everything.

I was scared of her, but I was scared of the fact that she could harm Lindy more than anything.

Lindy bears my child. If anything happens...

I wouldn't be able to forgive myself.

Cold sweat formed under my palms as I tried to take breaths. The deal of American business society didn't seem that important now.

What was the worse that could happen?

It's only one continent.

It wouldn't matter, I could always expand it to Asia or Europe. Why was I so adamant on my decision?

Even though the question left me, I knew the answer to it.

I was blinded by an illusion. The craving for power got the best of me.

The wind was turning into a frenzy, a near chaos. A loud sound of a glass falling down and shattering resonated across the room.

"Roy! Honey what happened?!"

The voice I disliked the most.

I heard her footsteps before her voice. She was running across the hall. It seemed really concerned but I knew psychopaths couldn't be concerned. They didn't feel empathy. It was only a show.

The door to the study flew open as I heard her heels click on the marble.

"Roy, are you okay?" Her voice quivered as she asked.