60: A Moonlight Sonata

EXCITED!! PLAY THE SONG TO GET THE FEEL>

"Holding Eleanor's hand was like holding a butterfly. Or a heartbeat. Like holding something complete, and completely alive."

- Rainbow Rowell (Eleanor & Park)

You don't have to worry about fate finding out about us. The sea has erased those footprints we left through our journey.

Rose's POV:

The call of sea roared along the shore, the birds took a fight to their nests. It was twilight, it was the end of another day.

Stars beamed at us as the dark cloak of night fell, they christened the darkness like scattered glitter.

Flurries of breeze blew, carrying the misty, salty, refreshing smell of the vast ocean. The hypnagogic scenery made my heart flutter with nervousness; I didn't know why did it came upon me.

"I... never celebrated my birthday since high school.." Marienne trailed off, one of his hand was stuffed in his suit pant, his jet black hair came just below his neck, his shoulders broad as he stood tall, unforgiving- but a hint of vulnerability that radiated off him, didn't go unnoticed. His loose shirt fluttered along with the breeze as his gaze mingled along with the vast horizon as he stared in the distant ocean blue.

He tilted his head, his eyes that seemed black under the night, shone softly as he stared at me. "Madeline always tried to do something..... but celebrating birthdays were always overrated for me."

I tilted my head in amusement, his choice of words making me smile, "Overrated? Is that how you gonna explain birthdays?"

"Birthdays are for those who wants to believe that they have done something in their life.... as for me, I already know that I have done a lot of things in my life. I don't need a cake to boost my confidence."

I let out a laugh at the crudeness of his words. "You have a weird sense of humor."

He pinned me down with a stare, "It's the truth."

"Huh..." I huffed as I gazed at the ocean, a melancholic feeling creeping up inside me as I took in the mass of nothingness, my hands automatically crossing over my chest, "If you think that is what birthdays are for, you are direly wrong."

"I am not."

"You are..." I smiled, "Usually birthdays are celebrated to congratulate a person for surviving another year in this world. They are simply meant to remind the person that they are important."

A moment of silence passed, engulfing us like the darkness that surrounded us.

"This is one of the best places for star gazing...." He stated after a moment, his voice laced with disillusion.

The mistral morphed into a fierce zephyr, the waves of the ocean ran along, atoning itself to the rocks of the shore.

"Don't you think its particularly windy today?" I wondered, eyeing the suicidal waves.

"I wished to say it...." Suddenly, his warm hand grabbed mine in a tight grip, leaving me at appalled abandon. I slowly turned to him, too dumbfounded to say anything.

The blaze of something warm and something cold and something raw tingled along, embedding itself into my skin. I sucked in a breath, looking into his eyes.

"They have a bench there....." He pulled me to the opposite direction where the bench should supposedly be, "Come."

"Marienne" No avail. He only pulled me along with him as he strode through the veldt, I could feel the enthusiasm diffusing from him, from his very being as we marched past the wind and ocean mist.