84: The Cruor Cowardice

Two chapters were merged in this chapter.

84.1: The Story of a Cowardice

"Stories are light. Light is precious in a world so dark. Begin at the beginning. Tell Gregory a story. Make some light."

― Kate DiCamillo, The Tale of Despereaux

She had a story to tell.

A story of her love.

A story of her misery,

A story of her vengeance.

Rose's POV:

The excoriating pain I was feeling in my lower abdomen, it was slowly turning unbearable. It would have thought it was a labor pain, but there was no sign of water breaking.

"Ah....." I groaned as I closed my eyes shut from the sacrilegious pain I was experiencing.

Black bubbles burst before my eyelids as I tried to catch my breath, trying to take in as much as air I could, trying to keep myself as calm as possible- but failing eventually.

My hands were slowly turning cold, I was becoming numb- I didn't understand why was it happening.

My baby...

"Help....." I panted through the agony, "Help me....."

I couldn't afford to lose him..... I have already lost so much.....

Every passing second, every passing moment felt like a millennium as the pain intensified. Like waves of tide it hit me, drowning me into the ocean of red and black anguish.

I wanted to scream, I wanted to cry- but not a syllable came out of my throat. It was constricted, like someone was crushing my vocal chord.

I could feel the wetness of my sweat under my palms and my forehead. A droplet ran down my temple, to my neck.... resting at the crane of it.

Everything was becoming blurrier.....

It was like a curtain of red and black in my eyes. I couldn't focus, I couldn't breathe, I couldn't speak. It was suffocating. It was truly suffocating.

Yet, I could hear my heartbeat. Loud, vibrating and clear.

My ears rung, it was a weird sound.... like someone was playing loud siren against my ears. Like bee buzzing..... as if someone had put bugs inside me.

It stung.... I knew the pain was more psychological, yet it stung. Was I breathing? Was I awake? I didn't know.... I didn't know anymore.....

My mouth fell open as I partook air, trying to gasp but too tired. My body was weakening, I needed food and medicines.

And then suddenly..... it was gone.

Every feeling of nausea, vertigo, the feeling of weakness and illusions- all of them whispered away, like tiny dusts floating in wind- gone.

I inhaled loudly, blinking a couple of times.

What just happened?

The sound of my harsh breathing mingled along with the sound of my heartbeat was loud. Louder than the wind, louder than the leaves murmuring.

I felt oddly blank inside.

Like something inside me just died.

What was it?

It felt like there was a hole inside me. Everything else just faded inside that deep, dark abyss.

I tried to catch my breath as I sat there panting.