45: I Hate Him

"I don't hate you.. I just don't like that you exist"

― Gena Showalter, Seduce the Darkness

Rose's POV:

There he stood.

The man who invaded my nightmares and daydreams.

The man who owned the screams of my nightmares.

Tall, broad and dark, with a hint of sadness etched upon his godly features.

His turquoise orbs were swirling with unfathomable emotions, alluding pleas and thousand prayers, like he was begging me to hear him out.

Why was he here?

Hadn't he done enough?

How dare he?

My knees buckled as they gave in. A wave of vertigo hit me, making my form give out.

I didn't kill Madeline....

Believe me I didn't kill her....

I...

I was falling, falling backwards.... And everything seemed to go in a slow motion.

One moment he was standing, far away from me.... and then the next, he was running to me.

And then, I felt myself being scooped in a pair of strong, warms arms.

No stay away...

Stay away from me....

What was happening.....

Why was he here?

I am pregnant...

My baby....

I looked up at the blurry silhouette of the man who was holding me, his bright blue eyes shone under the hint of light.

I can't see....

Why does my head feel so heavy....

Before I could contemplate anything, my body started shaking vulnerably as it realized the owner of the arms....

I looked up at him, as tears streamed down my eyes, even though I couldn't see anything...

"P-Please go-" I gasped for a breath, blinking at him, my lungs started feeling like they were ablaze, "Away..."

All I felt was a drop of something cold and wet on my forehead before I lost my consciousness.

I was in an abyss.

An abyss of something.... dark....

A pair of turquoise eyes flashed into my vision....

He was here....

But why?

To make me suffer more?

My baby..... He must've been here to take my baby....

No matter how much I try to deny it, it was the truth.

The baby was half of me and half of him.

I couldn't let him take my baby.

The only thing I had, I couldn't let him take it.

There was no way.

All my life I have spent cowered, afraid and frightened of the demons of my past. I let my nightmares eat me, I let my trauma get the best of me.

There were nights I spent shivering from fears, crying and begging for help all whilst the scenario of me being abused played in my mind.

My physical scars left a dent on my mind, the pain was embedded deep inside my soul. Sometimes, I even felt like I could touch the raw wounds if I reached out. I would flinch and ache just from my memories, even though the bodily scars were no longer there.

But how long could one last?

How long?

It was either defeat or be defeated..... and it was high time I let my guards up.

Especially when the man who caused me the most trauma was here.

He broke me.

He shattered me into pieces.

But I will not let him get ahold of me.

I might be emotionally and physically weak, I might be vulnerable to my soul eaters....

I might have spent my whole life lorn and torn into the whirlpool of fear....

But no more....

Especially when my baby was at question...

All my life I have spent cowered, afraid and frightened of the demons of my past, but I was going to be a mother now and I couldn't allow myself to be weak anymore.

I will fight him.

For my baby, for my family and for myself.

My baby was the only good thing that has happened to me, aside from Calissa and Cassedy.

And I vowed to protect him...

Even if I lost my soul in the process.

I hate him.

And I will not let him torment me.

Never again.

I apologize for a short chapter.

Tell me if you like it? If you didn't I will rewrite it.

Thank you for reading! I will try to update tomorrow. VOTE COMMENT SHARE FOLLOW ME if you liked :) love yah !

Rewritten