27: A Clandestine Memorial

"Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad."

- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Some of you hate her for her ordeals and her support for Marienne, some of you just don't care. Well, here she is! It's about time we see what is our beloved (!) French Madame up to. Also keep in mind she is not a native English speaker, so, her English won't be 100% correct. I am trying to keep things real here.

Don't skip this chapter. Every single word in each chapter is important to understand the plot.

Lindy's POV:

The sun shone brightly, with all it's glory, generously burning itself for providing us with light.

How selfless, ciel!

I wish, I could be that selfless.

I wish I could be that person that burns and provides everyone light. Enlightens the darkest corner of one's soul.

The sun shone so brightly, so gloriously, it's very unlike London's weather. Usually, the weather was gloomy and rainy, but, now when the sun came up, it suited perfectly.

"Madame-" I almost flinched when I heard the voice of Aliya, a new maid, "Where should I put the bottle?"

I turned around from the window that allowed the beaming sunlight to pour inside and offered a beautiful view of the front lawn, settling my gaze on the petit girl that stood in front of me, visibly shaking with fear.

I narrowed my eyes, examining the expensive bottle in her hands.

"Put it in the main lobby. It is very expensive, so, be careful with it."

It was an antique piece, a bottle of 1787 Château Lafite. It was gifted to Marienne's father, Monsieur Roy Carlisle Victor and his birth mother Madame Sarah Arthur Carlisle Victor on their first Marriage anniversary.

American cul.. I huffed inwardly.

Realizing that I was slacking off again, I snapped out of my reverie and straightened my maid costume. Marienne had requested me several times to stop wearing it as I was a mother figure to him, but I kept on wearing it anyway.

It reminded me of who I am, what was my purpose and how should I move.

Letting out a sigh, I gathered the tattered rag that had been brought with me for wiping the windows and hurried to the kitchen.

The manor was exquisite and Époustouflant, but the most amazing thing about it was it's kitchen. It was spacious, neatly crafted and esu- exu- exuberant...

Yeah that's the word.

Chef Atlas was there, preparing a simple tomato soup and some shrimp fry. The whole place buzzed with the tangy umami smell of tomato, shrimp and soy sauce.

I made me realize that I was yet to have my breakfast.

It was almost noon.

"Atlas, did you not talk with the nurse? We are supposed to give Monsieur bland, boiled foods without spice and salt through the tube. Have you not prepared it?"

Atlas turned and bowed, a sign of respect. I nodded, acknowledging it. "Madame, I have prepared it hours ago, in fact, the Indian maid that you have assigned, was given instructions to give it to him. She claims that you were the one who instructed her..."

My bad....

I shook my head, utterly frustrated and disappointed in myself.

Was I that old?