| Chapter 29 |

Griffin’s POV

“Where are you going?” The old lady on my left asked for the nth time. Even though I told her a hundred times, she still kept asking. I groaned and sunk into my seat.

“We are going to California,” Eric whispered secretively from my right.

I twisted my neck to look at the others behind us. Stella and Will had their heads placed on each other as they talked and from the look, it seemed serious. Evelyn and Liam were busy laughing and watching something on their phone, while I was stuck between Eric and this old gossip lady.

I feel so single.

“Where in California?” The lady asked, blinking her sparkling brown eyes at me. They had a little grey in them.

The lady looked in her late seventies with wrinkles over her face and her white hair was tied in a braid. Her accent gave away that she was also from texas.

“Los Angeles,” Eric smirked.

“Ooo... You kids going to become stars?” She pinched my cheek, making me squirm. “I can tell you’ll become a hot one.” Heat crawled up my neck and I huffed, crossing my arms.

“Dude, you’re blushing.” Eric snickered beside me.

“Shut up.” I groaned.

“Where are you going, nana?” Eric asked, ignoring my glares.

“Oh, I’m going to see my sweet grandchildren after so long...” She began telling me about them, but I zoned out.

When will we be there?!

✶ ✶ ✶

After around three to four hours of suffering, we finally reached California.

“Don’t forget me when you become a famous kid.” The old lady shouted as she ambled away and winked at me.

“What was that?” Will asked, coming by my side and watching the old lady.

“Torture.” I shivered, and he chuckled.

We had little luggage, just a few of our stuff in our school bags. We looked like kids coming on a tour. After picking up our bags, we walked out of the airport looking for a cab.

“Wait...” Liam said, making us halt. “Does anyone know her address?”

Everyone stared at each other as we stood outside the airport gate.

“You mean we came all the way from Texas to here without her address?” Stella blinked.

“That’s why I’m here,” Eric announced, puffing his chest. We all raised our brows at him, and he smirked. “I know where she lives. So follow me, my soldiers.” He marched towards a taxi that was standing on the road.

“He’s useful for something,” Will muttered beside me and I chuckled, following him.

From the corner of my eye, I saw a curly-haired girl running towards the gate.

“MAKE SOME WAY PEOPLE!” She yelled as she held a box in front of her.

I stepped aside to give her space, but Will came in front at the same moment, not paying attention to her.

“Look o-“ before I could warn him, the girl collided with him and he lost his balance, falling with the girl on the top. “-out.”

“Shit!” Will groaned in pain when his back hit the ground. The girl hurriedly got up, apologizing to him.

Belongजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें