| Chapter 11 |

Zoe’s POV

I wore my pretty white A-line dress, printed with pink flower patterns, reaching my knees with pink wedges. I did little makeup; putting some mascara, rosy lipstick, and some blush on. Letting my naturally straight hair open, I twisted my front layers and pinned them behind my head.

When I reached the party, I saw a lot of cars parked outside. The house was enormous, not as big as my stepfather’s mansion, but still. Mason, the captain of the football, was rich, according to the students, and paid little attention to what his father do.

The door was wide open, so I went inside. Music was booming in the house, and it reeked of alcohol. Some guys gave me weird glances, but I ignored them and went inside.

The first person I saw, as always, was Griffin. He and his friends sat in the living area, laughing. William, Eric, and Liam were there too, with some other guys. I reached them, smiling when William noticed me and gave me a lopsided grin.

Why is he grinning?

“Look who’s here!” He announced, making all the guys turn to me.

One of them gave me a once-over and whistled. Before I could do something, Griffin smacked the back of his head, making him flinch.

“Ouch! Dude, what the hell?” He winced, rubbing the back of his neck. Griffin glared at him, then glanced towards me. I gave Griffin a polite smile.

Isn’t he nice?

“Hello everyone.” I smiled at them all, but they smirked.

Huh?

“Zoe! I’m glad you came,” Eric returned my smile.

“Hey, Eric.” I waved my finger and awkwardly stood there.

Aren’t they going to offer me a seat?

“Zoe,” William said, making me look at him. “Can you stand a little further there, you’re ruining my view of the party.” He waved his hand to the side and I followed his direction.

“Is this-“ I gasped in surprise as something cold poured over my head making me flinch. Squeezing my eyes shut, I stood there drenched, clenching my fists.

Son of a biscuit! That’s cold!

For a second there was pin-drop silence, even the music was turned off. Then guffaws sparked around the room, and I heard the clicking of cameras.

I can’t believe they threw ice water at me!

Wrapping my arms around my body, I shivered and opened my eyes to see William and his friends burst into laughter. I angled my head to look up and saw a guy standing on the stairs with an empty bucket in his hands.

“Sorry, didn’t see you there princess.” He smiled mischievously at me.

“What the hell?!” I heard Stella’s voice. She came near me and wrapped a jacket around me, glaring at William. “Really mature a**hole!” she snarled. Wrapping her arm around my shoulder and she took me to another room and fumed. “That was such a d**k move. I’m so mad at him!”

“I-it’s al-alright...” I stuttered, my teeth chattering. I tightly clenched the jacket around me.

“I’ll go get you some clothes an-“

“There’s n-no need, I want to be a-alone,” I uttered.

“Zoe-“

“Please, Stella.” I pleaded. Her eyes soften at me. She pondered on it then sighed and left the room.