| Chapter 22 |

Griffin’s POV

Tapping my foot on the floor, I waited for Zoe to come out of the locker room. I didn’t get why she was letting them do all of that to her.

She’s a strong girl and can handle everything, so why isn’t she doing anything now?

After twenty-thirty minutes, Zoe came out of the shower wearing my shirt. I know this wasn’t the right time to think this, but damn; it looked good on her.

“Thank you.” She whispered in a low voice, shifting uncomfortably. Her cheeks flushed, and she kept her head ducked.

“Come on. I’ll drive you back.” I offered.

She nodded and followed me out. The halls were empty since lunch was over. I’m still fuming about those girls and what they did to Zoe.

I took her to the parking lot where my bike was parked. I turned and saw Zoe looking where William got hurt last week. He’s better now and is back on the team, but the opportunity was gone.

“Come on.” I took my helmet and placed it over her small head. “You’ll be fine to ride the bike?” I ducked my head to look into her eyes, but she kept staring at the ground.

“Yeah.” I mounted my bike and help Zoe on.

“Hold on tight.” She wrapped her small arms around my waist and I felt butterflies in my stomach.

Butterflies?

You are out of your mind, Griffin.

I drove out of the school parking lot slowly, not wanting to scare Zoe. She kept her head on my shoulder, clutching her arms around me tightly.

Once we reached I parked my car outside my house. “Where are we?” she observed the surrounding.

“My home,” I replied. I felt her nod. She got off the bike taking off the helmet. I took the keys out of my pocket, and opening the door, I entered. “You coming?” I gesture inside.

She stood there looking around, then entered deliberately. I went to the kitchen and looked for some snacks. Zoe followed me and sat on the stool.

“Here.” She took the snacks from me and stared at them. I sat in front of her, observing her. “Why are you so quiet?”

This is the first time I have seen her this quiet. She has always been the talkative one.

“Why did you bring me here?” She asked, keeping her head down.

Taking a sip of my drink, I thought of some excuse and I have no idea why I brought her here. I could have taken her to her hotel.

“I-I thought it would be a bad idea to let Bob see you in boys’ clothes.” Chuckling, I tried to joke. “I don’t wanna die young.”

She sat silently, and I shifted in my seat uncomfortably.

Say something, Zoe, please say something.

After what felt like hours, she glimpsed at me, “Thank you for helping me, but you didn’t have to.”

“Zoe-“

“No really, I was handling it a-“

“You were handling it?” I scoffed. “You weren’t doing anything and letting them walk over you. I don’t get why you let them do all that when it’s not your fault.”

“It is my fault.” She mumbled.

“Why don’t you get it in that small head of yours?” She narrowed her eyes at me, which ignored. “It isn’t your fault. You were doing a prank, and it went bad, that’s all.”