| Chapter 15 |

Griffin’s POV

I don’t know Griffin. You tell me why.

Griffin?

She must be furious at me for calling me, Griffin. I didn’t think about it before, but I hated the feeling of her being mad at me. I didn’t get why she was even furious now when she told me she had fun that day.

“Dude...” Liam came by my side and whispered. “You are supposed to make her like you not hate, you are doing the opposite job here.” He shook his head, disappointed.

I narrowed my eyes at him. “Easier said than done... dude.”

I never aimed to make a girl fall for me, so I had no idea how it worked.

“It can’t be that hard. I mean look at her.” He gestured towards Zoe. I followed his gaze and saw her blowing balloons with Eric, looking radiant as ever. “Look how innocent she is and you my friend, a certified player-“ I elbowed him in the stomach making him groan. “What I meant was that she can easily fall you and you won’t even have to put in much effort.”

“She’s not that easy,” I muttered, glancing back at Zoe. “Besides, she got a boyfriend-“

“So what?” My forehead creased as I stared at Liam. He sighed and continued after seeing my confusion. “There’s a thing called breakup and they are doing a long-distance relationship bro... which means their relation is already weak.”

I blinked my eyes at Liam. “Where the hell do you get all this from?”

He scratched his head in embarrassment as he let out a nervous chuckle. “Evelyn loves watching rom-com movies...” He trailed off, avoiding eye contact as his face flushed.

“Hey, you two!” We glanced at Eric. “Stop gossiping and get back to work.” I narrowed my eyes at him as he stood there glaring at us.

“Come on.” Liam grabbed my arm and dragged me to the kitchen. I gave one last glance at Zoe and went with him.

When we were done with the decorations, we waited for everyone to come. I stood in the living room and watched Will’s house filled with our high school students, chattering.

Before this we never celebrated birthdays like this, we used to order pizza and watch late-night movies or go to arcades and different places to enjoy but never threw a party.

I glanced at Zoe, who was now dressed in a pink plain V-neck dress that reached her knees. She had little makeup on her pretty face that popped her blue eyes.

The first time she wore jeans and a shirt, I was stunned because she looked so gorgeous in them, as a matter of fact, she looked beautiful in everything she wore. Zoe cut my thoughts off as she clapped.

“Listen, everyone, Stella texted me they are on their way. Take your positions and turn off the lights.” Zoe instructed everyone, and they did as she said.

We stayed like that and waited for Will’s truck to come. I leaned on the sidewall and watched everyone getting excited like it was their birthday. We heard Will’s truck parked outside, everyone hushed and waited for the door to open.

Keys' jingling sound came along with Will’s. “Dad’s not home tonight. We’ll have so much fun.”

I rolled my eyes at my horny friend and felt bad that he wouldn’t be getting anything tonight other than a big surprise from her sister. The door opened and at that exact moment, someone switched the lights on.

“SURPRISE!!!” Everyone screamed at startled William. He stood there gawking at everyone with his jaw dropped. Zoe offered a huge grin on her face.

“Happy Eighteenth Birthday brother.”