| Chapter 21 |

Griffin’s POV

I was sitting in the waiting room of the hospital when Mr. Brown came running.

“How’s William?” He panted.

“He’s still inside.” I gesture towards the room.

“What happened?”

“I don’t know. When I came to the parking lot, I saw Will on the ground and Zoe was yelling beside him.” I explained.

The room opened, and a nurse came out with Will. He had a cast on his foot and was limping.

“Are you okay?” Mr. Brown asked.

“Do I look, okay dad?” He scoffed. “The doctor said that I have broken no bone, fortunately, but my knee is f**king injured means I can’t play tomorrow!” He screamed.

Shit! This is bad.

“Let’s get you home.” Mr. Brown mumbled, thanking the nurse.

When we reached Will’s house, I helped him climb into his room and laid him on his bed. I walked out of the room when my phone rang.

“Hey. How’s Will?” It was Matt, our team member.

“He has broken nothing, but he won’t be able to play tomorrow,” I muttered.

“Shit! We were on our way to see him in Mason’s car but were stopped by cops.” There was a shouting background.

“Why?” I frowned.

“Derek’s car wasn’t working and Ray’s car wouldn’t stop making crazy sounds, so we all got into Mason’s. He was driving right behind you but there was some dirt on his windshield and when he tried to clear it, the wiper spilled some red...water, I guess, he stopped his car and there was a cop around the corner who thought it was blood and he arrested us.” He explained.

I stood tongue-tied. “I- where are you now?”

“We are still in the station. Mason’s dad is here, and he got us out of jail. Tell Will we will come to see him when we get out of here.” He grunted.

“Alright.” I cut the call and texted Stella and everyone else about Will’s condition.

How the hell did this happen?!

My question was answered when a gloomy Zoe came upstairs. Her blue eyes that I’ve always seen sparkling and the radiant smile she kept were gone. Her eyes look fearful and her mouth was in a thin line.

We haven’t talked since we came back from the dance festival. She avoided me and even during lunch; she was always missing. Will asked about her, but I told him I had no idea. He didn’t believe me, though.

“Where’s William?” She asked in a low voice.

“I have to go back to work.” Mr. Brown came out of Will’s room and looked at us. “You two take care of him.” He turned to leave, but Zoe grabbed his arm.

“Dad-“

“We’ll talk later.” She nodded and let go of him.

“What happened, Zoe?” I asked her softly when Mr. Brown left.

She took a deep breath and told me everything. I stood stunned, blinking my eyes at her while she avoided eye contact with me.

“I-I uh don’t know what to say,” I whispered.

“This is all my fault. I ruined everything.” She buried her face in her hands and sobbed.

“Hey shh...” I hugged her tightly, wrapping my hands around her shoulders. “It’s not your fault. It was an accident.” I rubbed her back, trying to calm her down.