| Chapter 10 |

Zoe’s POV

After getting back to the hotel, I worked on my plan, which was pretty simple.

Get into William’s high school.

Easy, right?

You must wonder why on earth I wanted to do that.

First, I didn’t want to leave this place, one week wasn’t enough for me. Secondly, I needed to spend more time with Dad and William and to make him like me and treat me like his sister. I was desperate for that kind of love and bonding with William.

Aubrey and my relationship didn’t work out because I didn’t try harder, but this time, I would not give up that easily. And last, I needed to continue my high school, I couldn’t just skip a year. Besides, if I get into William’s high school, I’ll be closer to him.

The only problem was Mom and to convince her to let me stay, which I knew would be difficult for me, and to change her mind I called the only person who could help me, Jacob, my stepfather.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea, Zoe...” He doubted.

“Please, I know you’re the only one who can help me with this.” I pleaded.

“She's going to be furious.”

“I know and that’s why I need your help... please.”

“Fine...” I heard him sigh. "But I want you to think about this again. The high school in that town is nowhere near West High. ”

“I know what I’m doing, trust me...”

“I’ll talk to your Mom.” He blew a breath out.

“Thank you, Thank you!” I cheered.

He said he’ll take care of the transfer procedure and whatever needed to be done.

Step one complete.

Step two, wait for my stepfather to do this job.

✶ ✶ ✶

After hours of waiting in torture, Jacob finally called.

“Did she agree?” I rushed as soon as I picked up the call.

“No, she didn’t.” My mother’s toneless voice came through the speaker making me gulp.

Oh boy.

“What are you thinking, Zoe?! You were supposed to be here this morning, young lady, but no, you're planning to stay and want to get a transfer there! Are you out of your mind?!...” Mom kept scolding me. She sounded so furious, and I quietly listened to her.

Guess Jacob didn’t succeed.

“I took you away from that place to give you a better future, the one that I couldn’t have, the one you deserve!” She continued.

“Mom-“

“Don’t mom me! I’m so furious that I want to break someone’s head!” I heard some sounds behind Mom. “Where are you going?!” She questioned someone.

“I’m going out for some fresh air, it’s getting hot in here.” My stepfather stuttered from behind.

I was sure he was more worried about his head and I giggled, covering my mouth.

“You are going nowhere, sit down,” Mom ordered him. I heard some movement behind again. “And you,” she referred to me, “you are coming back home, your birthday is around the corner and you are going to sign that damn contract, understand!”