| Chapter 25 |

Zoe's POV

"Hell ya."

Giggling, I took Griffin to the dance floor as the song 'Shut up and dance' by Walk The Moon began playing in the background.

"We were victims of the night
The chemical, physical, kryptonite
Helpless to the bass and the fading light
Oh we were bound to get together
Bound to get together..."

When we reached the floor Griffin expectedly tugged my hand. Getting caught by surprise, I collided with his chest. I blinked my eyes at him and he smirked and then spun me around, making me giggle. He put my left hand on his shoulder and interlaced the right with his. Then he put his right hand on my waist, making my breath hitch, and pulled me closer to him.

"A backless dress and some beat up sneaks
My discotheque Juliet teenage dream
I felt it in my chest as she looked at me
I knew we were bound to be together
Bound to be together..."

Keeping one hand on my waist and the other interlaced with my hand, he moved at the beat of the song and I couldn't control my laugh when he gave me a dip.

Griffin looked so hot in black and it was a coincidence that I wore black, too. I told Evelyn and Stella about my crush on Griffin.

They said he's a douchebag like William but is nice from inside and I'm already aware of it. He helped me with William and if it wasn't for him. I have no idea what I would have done.

"She took my arm
I don't know how it happened
We took the floor and she said..."

I looked into his twinkling eyes and watched everyone as they mimicked the song at the top of their lungs.

"Oh, don't you dare look back,
Just keep your eyes on me
I said you're holding back
She said shut up and dance with me
This woman is my destiny
She said oh oh oh..."

"Shut up and dance with me!" I shouted and hooted with the crowd.

"You having fun?" Griffin asked, spinning me again.

I grinned and bobbed my head, feeling drunk with happiness even though I was having a nagging feeling inside me which I was avoiding. I have told no one this yet, but I had to leave this week. My birthday is on Friday and I promised Mom I'll be there. I couldn't back out again like before.

I wanted to enjoy my last few days with them before leaving. I was so glad that I could solve my relationship with both of my siblings.

"So... You don't have a boyfriend, huh?" Griffin asked out of the blue.

"No." I chuckled. "It was a misunderstanding. Eric thought we were still together since we talked."

"You don't have feelings for him?" He questioned, pulling me towards him, and my heart skipped a beat. We were standing really close to each other with no space between us.

"N-no. We were never that kind of close, you know... like William and Stella." He nodded, understanding what I was trying to say. "We were always like friends and there wasn't any kind of excitement between us, so we ended things." I finished, and he hummed, leaning his face towards mine.

Gulping, I peeked into his dark eyes, which were gazing into mine, and our heads getting closer. When our noses almost touched, my brain clicked.

This is happening again.

How many times am I going to make it awkward?

With that thought, I controlled myself and hugged in instead. I felt him tense around me, but I ignored it and wrapped my arms around his neck.