| Chapter 18 |

Zoe's POV

I stared at Griffin's pink lips and gulped. There was something about him that automatically pulled me towards him. His hand on my waist made butterflies inside my stomach and my breath hitched. My eyes fluttered closed when our noses touched and I waited in the position but nothing happened. I decided to make a move, thinking maybe he wasn't sure, but before I could do something, he interrupted.

"Zoe..." He said in a husky voice and my inside leaped.

What are you doing to me, Garfield?

I peeked at him through my lashes and looked into his dark eyes.

"Yes?" I whispered.

"You're heavy." He said, and I went still, blinking my eyes at him.

Wait... What?

Jolting up from him, I sat straight and shrieked. "No, I'm not!" He stood up, dusting his clothes.

Way to ruin the moment, Garfield.

"You need to check your weight." He said, grabbing his basket from the ground.

I am not that fat!

"I know my weight, thank you very much!" I huffed, crossing my arms, and he fled, ignoring me. "Wait! We are leaving already?"

"Yes." I ran after him and clenched his arm.

"Wait, Garfield!" He halted and twisted his head at me. "We didn't go there." I pointed at the flower field with my finger.

It was around the Cliff and it looked so alluring that I wanted to go visit and see what was there. I've seen more beautiful places, but there was something about this town that fascinated me... Or maybe the people.

"We'll come again." He said, glancing in the direction I was pointing.

"We will?" I titled my head, and he nodded. "Alright then." With a grin on my face, I marched ahead of him.

This place was wonderful. The greenery, trees, and sweet cool wind blowing made me a little shiver but I couldn't get enough of it. The place's scent was fresh and amazing and I was astonished when I saw this.

At first, I thought Griffin would play another prank on me by taking me to some weird place, but I was pleased to know he wanted to make up for the last time.

Now I made an ally to help me with William.

The whole ride back to my house, we were silent and listened to the radio. The time I spent with Griffin wasn't much, but I was seriously getting attracted to him. When we reached dad's house, he got out of the car and opened the door for me.

It surprised me when he opened it for me earlier. Guess he knew what and when something is necessary to do. We walked to the front door, and I turned around to face him.

"Thank you for today." I smiled.

He cleared his throat, jamming his hands in his front pocket, and shrugged. "No need."

"You are going to take me to the field again, right?" I asked, making sure he wasn't messing with me.

"Of course." He smiled.

"Pinky promise?" I held up my pinky in front of him.

He chuckled, clasping my pinky with his finger. "Promise."

We both stood there with stupid smiles on our faces when someone knocked at the window. We turned and saw Bob standing there. He gestured with his hand for me to come in. I rolled my eyes and nodded, letting go of Griffin's pinky. Bob nodded at me, then narrowed his eyes at Griffin and went inside, closing the curtains.