| Chapter 23 |

Zoe's POV

When I reached the hotel, I put my phone on charging. I didn't realize that my phone battery died and took a bath again because I still smelled like soda.

When I was done, I opened my phone and saw many miscalls and texts from Gecil. She must have heard what happened. I called her, and she picked up the first ring.

"Where are you, Zoe?! Why was your phone off?! Do you have any idea how worried I was?!...." She kept on ranting.

"Cil relax! I'm okay. My phone died, and I was with Griffin."

"Why were you with him?" I told her the entire story, and she was fuming.

"I don't get why they do that to you. It was just a stupid game! This has to end now." She mumbled the last part.

"What has to end?" I asked her in confusion.

"I have to go. I'll call later."

"When-" She cut the call before I could finish. I stared at my phone in confusion.

What is she up to?

I saw a few calls from Mom, too. The last time I talked to her was when we went to the dance festival. I took a deep breath and called her.

"Zoe..." she answered in a thick tone.

"Mom..." And I burst to cry. I missed her so much.

"My baby. Don't cry, Mama is here..." Her voice soothed me down in an instant.

"I ruined it." I whimpered and told her everything.

"It's okay. I know my baby is strong and can handle anything. Right?" She encouraged.

"Y-yes." I sniffed.

"Good. Remember, you told me you are strong enough to get back up, even when you messed up." She reminded.

"Yes."

"Then get up, my dear, and take responsibility for what you did. You messed it up, so now fix it, too."

"I don't know how..." I whispered in a low voice.

"Think of something. Your father has connections, I have and so does Aubrey..." she hinted.

"What are you trying to say?"

"I'm not saying anything. You're on your own, but remember, she is your family, too."

"I-I get what you're trying to say." Some of Aubrey's friends play football and went to pursue it as a career.

"Good." I could hear her smile. "Now make things right and come back home. I miss you so much, dear."

"I miss you too."

We talked for a while about everything and then ended our call. I sat there staring at my phone and then dialed the number which has been on my phone for years and this was the first time I used it.

The ring went for a while, then dropped. Maybe she doesn't have my number saved. My phone blared, making me jump. It was Aubrey. I cleared my throat and pick it up.

"Hey, Aubrey."

"Hi, Zoe." We went silent after that. I opened my mouth to say, but she beat me to it.

"Look, I'm so sorry for what I did, and I know you must be angry. I mean, who wouldn't be? You must be furious when you found I kissed Austin and because of me you broke up and I'm so, so sorry. I shouldn't have done that..." She kept on rambling.