| Chapter 19 |

Griffin’s POV

I parked my dad’s truck outside Will’s house and got out. We were going to the dance festival which happens every year and people from different towns go there to enjoy it. I was dressed as a cowboy, wearing my hat and boots.

All my way I kept imagining Zoe dressed as a cowgirl, and I knew she will rock it. I entered the house and heard voices coming from the living room and went there.

Eric, Liam, and Will were sitting there.

“Finally, Mr. King is here,” Eric announced. I rolled my eyes at him and looked around for Zoe.

“The girls are upstairs,” Liam smirked, and I acted obliviously.

“So?” I plopped down on the couch.

“Why are you interested in Zoe?” Eric squinted his eyes at me. Liam coughed, and Will sat up straight.

They don’t know how to act normally.

“Why do you care?” I retorted.

Now I didn’t have to worry about Eric liking her. He just admires her and what she does.

“She got a boyfriend.” He pointed out. My jaw clenched, but I forced a smile onto my face.

“I know.”

“You should back off. She’s happy with him.”

“You don’t know that.”

“I know, that’s why I’m saying.” He mocked.

“They are doing long distance. Maybe it will not work for them.” Liam intervened.

“He goes to Harvard.” Eric scoffed and glimpsed at me. “He’s a hundred times better than Griffin.”

That’s it!

I jolted up from the couch towards Eric, but Liam grabbed me from behind and Eric ran behind Will.

“Stop you two! You’re making me uncomfortable talking about her like that.” Will grunted, pushing Eric away from him.

“Why are you feeling uncomfortable?” I asked. He looked at me, confused, then darted his eyes behind me.

“We’re here!” Stella announced.

Spinning, I saw Zoe standing in a pink button-up shirt with blue jeans and high boots, and my heart froze. I imagined her to look amazing, but she looked beyond remarkable. I stood there gawking at her when Will came from behind, hitting my shoulder.

“Close your mouth dude.” He whispered, glaring at me. I close my mouth, glimpsing at Zoe, and saw her blushing.

“You look amazing, Zoe.” Eric smiled at Zoe, then looked at me in disapproval.

What did I do?

“Let’s go or we’ll get late,” Stella said, grabbing her bags. We left the house and went towards the trucks. Will grabbed Stella’s hand and turned towards us.

“Who’s going with who?”

“I’m not going with the couples. Zoe and I will go with Griffin.” Eric suggested. It was the first time he said something good.

Liam, Evelyn, Stella, and Will got to his truck while Eric, me, and Zoe went to mine.

“I’ll sit in the middle,” Eric said, getting in first, making me glare at him. Dad’s truck got the only front seat. I should have let him sit with Will and others.

“Alright.” Zoe smiled and sat next to him, closing the door.

After driving for almost two hours, we were very close to the place. Eric and Zoe kept talking about makeup and other stuff related to fashion while I drove silently. I learned lots of new things about Zoe.