Chapter 21

"Levi! Behind you!" Levi looked up and spun around to see what was behind her. She smirked victoriously and took off running while the two boys were closing in on her from either side. She pumped her legs as fast as she could, knowing she had an advantage because she was the alpha.

She flung herself upwards, her hands latching on to the branch of the tree and she pulled herself over the branch, vaulting upwards and grabbing the red, silk material before swinging down to the ground and waving it in the air.

She laughed as the two boys huffed while the rest of her pack arrived. She looked around at the five of them, watching as the two boys who had pursued her argued with the two other girls in the pack. She rolled her eyes and walked over to the other boy, laughing as he rolled his eyes too.

She swung an arm around his shoulder awkwardly - she could only just reach. All the other pack's they had encountered had found it interesting, that a thirteen year old girl was the alpha of a pack where the betas were all older than her.

"Tomas, Alec, Sin and Abigail, can you please stop arguing for once?" They looked over at their alpha and grumbled before walking back over to the picnic basket and rummaging for food. Levi laughed and rolled her eyes before looking up at the other boy.

"Did you pack any pizza?" He asked, looking down at her as they walked across the field and towards the rest of their pack. She laughed and nodded.

"Xander, of course I did." He shrugged her arm off and sprinted across to the basket, shoving his pack brothers and sisters out of the way and snatching the pizza. Levi jogged over, laughing at their antics and she popped open one of the soda cans, sighing as the cool liquid ran down her throat.

The rest of her pack followed her lead and they were soon all laying down on their backs, watching as the clouds rolled by. She studied them all, wanting them to be like this forever.

Tomas had short, spiked blonde hair and piercing blue eyes which always caught the girl's attention. He loved it - although he never had any relationships. He was the quickest of the group (minus Levi) and he loved to brag about it.

His older brother by two years - Alec - was almost the same as Tomas but it could be argued that he was more tactful and modest than his younger brother. He had darker hair than Tomas' but he shared the eyes and made the girls at school swoon.

Xander was quieter, but they all knew that he was probably the most dangerous after Levi, and he was known to be very protective of them all. He would kill for them, and much to his distaste, he had done before when they were getting chased by ruthless hunters. His brown hair was scruffy and curly but it suited him perfectly.

Sin had long blonde hair and she was the joker of the group. She was quiet around people who weren't the pack but when she was with them, she was the loudest out of all of them. She was smart - smarter than Levi - which she prided herself on as it wasn't often any of them could top the alpha.

Abigail had tanned skin and long black hair. She was more reserved but was short tempered and they all knew that if someone didn't break her and Tomas' fights then there would be blood shed. She wasn't as close to the rest of the pack but she trusted Levi with all her heart like the rest of them.

Levi smiled blissfully and thought about the fun they just had. They had all shifted and trained with Levi who was the only born werewolf out of them all which meant she had more control. They then cooled down with a game of hide and seek but it never lasted long with their heightened senses and Levi always won. They had finished off with a game of capture the flag, and Levi won which had set the pack off on an argument about how Levi's team cheated.

////////////|\\\\\\\\\\\\

Levi felt the memory fade as she came to her senses. She couldn't see anything but she could smell the dampness of wherever she was and she could hear drops of something falling and she prayed it wasn't blood. A drop landed on her cheek and she was glad to find it was only water - it wasn't thick enough to be blood.

She reached upwards with her hands and sighed in satisfaction when she touched the roof. She realised she was in some kind of container of sorts and she shifted, pushing hard against the ceiling. She watched as light filtered in as the roof was flung away. Her pupils dilated while adjusting to the light and she shifted back, before peering out of the container.

She hit her head with her hand and groaned, realising how smart Jennifer had been. She hadn't even left the school; Levi was just downstairs in the paper container in the boiler room where Jennifer had first seen her shift. She growled in anger as she left the boiler room, hurrying out of the school and listening to conversations from people who were still shocked about the death of the pianist.

"I heard the hospital's being evacuated. Apparently one of the Hales - you know the family that were all presumed dead in the fire? - is unable to evacuate."

Levi growled and jogged to the hospital, and immediately noticing the scent of a few familiar people.

Mrs McCall. Derek. Peter. Cora. Scott. Stiles. Jennifer.

She froze as she could smell more scents. The alphas were here, and she knew that only meant trouble for them all. The Darach had a vendetta against them, and they had a vendetta against Derek, while Derek had a vendetta against both the alphas and the Darach.