Chapter 31

They all stopped as they heard three gunshots. Scott quickly jumped on to his bike and before any of them had chance to process, Levi had hopped on behind and they were driving away with Stiles yelling at them to wait.

Levi saw Isaac running behind them. There was another gunshot and Scott sped up. "You'll be okay." Levi murmured into Scott's ear.

She was interrupted by a loud echo in both of their ears which caused Scott to swerve and crash the bike. Levi sat up, rubbing her bruised shoulder. "Isaac?" Scott nodded. They both scrambled to their feet and ran side by side towards the gunshots, hoping Isaac would be okay for now.

As they ran, Levi noticed her old pack running alongside them, yelling at her but she shut it off, knowing it would be fixed soon. Scott looked over at her and she nodded letting him know she was seeing them.

They caught sight of Malia and ran faster, Scott slightly ahead of Levi. Levi snarled as Malia ran but she matched Scott in speed and she flicked her claws out before noticing Scott was in control and doing the same. She looked at his red eyes and smiled.

He shifted completely, jumping over the car and landing on the ground in front of the coyote. Levi did the same and landed beside him. She looked at him. The coyote started growling and Scott looked up slowly. Levi smiled encourage.

"Roar Scott, Roar!" She spoke clearly and he did. Levi was amazed, not even Deucalion roared that powerfully. She found her eyes glow red involuntary and Levi smiled, liking the new change in Scott. The coyote's eyes grew blue before it crouched down to the ground.

Levi stood up. Where the coyote had been was now a teenage girl, who was completely naked. The girl turned to look at them both.

"Malia?" Scott murmured, standing up too and watching with Levi as she admired her human hand. Levi smiled at how amazed she looked before pulling her jacket off her shoulders. Levi tugged off her shirt, revealing the tank top she had underneath before rushing forward and helping Malia tug on the clothes to cover up.

//////////////////

Levi looked at Aiden sadly. "You knew it wouldn't last." He nodded and shrugged.

"It felt too weird." Levi laughed and agreed before she grabbed her bag and looked at Ethan.

"So it's a breakup?" Aiden asked, tilting his head.

"It's a breakup." Levi confirmed.

"Thanks but I'm going home." The twins both hugged her goodbye and watched as she left the small apartment.

////////////////

Levi reached the loft fairly quickly. She opened the heavy door, the backpack slung over her shoulder and she rolled her eyes. "You have got to be kidding me."

Peter and Derek looked at her before Peter smirked. "Ah my favourite niece." Levi rolled her eyes.

"Shut up Peter." He looked offended before Levi smiled at Derek. "Where have you been?"

"We were kidnapped by South American hunters wanting to know where the 'she wolf' was and cut off my finger before that girl that Deucalion killed how saved Isaac previously turned up and saved us."

Levi froze. "Deucalion didn't kill her. I did under his orders." Derek looked shocked for a moment before he waved it off and returned to stitching up Peter's finger.

"I'm going to show you." Levi sat down beside Derek and Peter as Derek opened up a small wooden box that had the Hale Triskelion on the front.

Five claws fell out and Levi's heart beat faster knowing straight away those were her mother's claws.

"After the fire, that was all that was left of her."

"Talia. I can't decide if that's touching or morbid. I guess the real question is what you're planning on doing with them."

"I have to ask her something and from what I've heard this is the only way that is possible."

Peter looked at the box for a moment before he understood. "You've got to be kidding me."

Derek smiled. "Why'd you think I sewed your finger back on?"

Peter and Levi watched as Derek put the claws back into the box. "You know there's always an element of danger with rituals like these and I'm not particularly fond of them." Derek and Levi glared at him and he shrugged. "Unless they somehow benefit me."

Derek and Levi scoffed at the same time. "What do you want?" Derek asked, rolling his eyes.

"I want to keep them." Peter said, motioning to the claws. Derek looked up at him while Levi narrowed her eyes at her uncle. "A sentiment of mine." Levi pulled a face at him, knowing Peter was hardly sentimental. "You're mother: she was also my sister. What? Am i not allowed a little bit of sentiment?"

Derek tilted his head sarcastically before putting the last claw into the pot. He moved it over in front of Peter and Peter smiled widely. Levi grunted.

Derek stood up and waited for Peter to put his hand into the claws. Peter took as much time as he could both Levi huffed.

"Too long." She reached forward and pushed his hand down on to the claws and held it there while Peter's eyes turned blue in pain.

Peter stopped after a moment and glared angrily at Levi before standing up and giving Derek his seat. He positioned the claws at the back of Derek's neck.

"These are exactly my colour." Peter decided and Levi growled.

"Oh my god Peter get on with it."

"This is going to be excruciatingly painful." Peter smirked.

"Just do it." Derek spat out, losing his patience.

"Oh, I'm going to. I just wanted you to know. We all have our petty revenges." Peter grinned at Levi who scowled in return before he inserted the claws into the back of Derek's neck.

Levi watched as Peter stumbled and pulled the claws out of her brothers neck a few minutes after. Derek's eyes shot open and he jumped slightly. Levi moved to stand beside her brother and placed a soft hand on his arm. He leant into it for a moment.

"Did you see her?" Peter questioned. "What did you ask her!? Did she say anything about me?" Levi and Derek both turned to look at Peter and glared at him.

Peter narrowed his eyes. "Oh, that doesn't look good."