Chapter 15

Derek jumped up as the red light in the apartment started back that irritating flashing and beeping. He turned around to see Cora looking over his shoulder confused. She stood up from her seat and walked over to him.

"What does it mean?" He turned around to see the triangular shape that the alpha pack used to warn their victims.

He sighed. "It means they're coming." Cora looked shocked but Derek continued. "Tonight."

Cora looked over at her brother. "Derek, when Kali put that pole through you and Levi appeared, she mouthed sorry to me." He looked back at Cora.

"I'm not surprised." Cora was confused at his answer, but he elaborated. "She's protective over me and you, but I'm not sure why, and I don't think she knows why either."

They stood in silence, pondering about the alpha pack and Levi. Little did they know, their uncle knew all about Levi's behaviour.

////////////////.../////////////////////

Levi stood beside her father as they stood in the music room, waiting on Scott to come. Levi looked up as Scott walked in confused, seeing her father tapping his stick against the piano. He narrowed his eyes at Levi but still couldn't bring himself to hate her.

"Do you know what a metronome is Scott?" He asked and Levi rolled her eyes, not wanting to hear another useless speech her dad gave people.

"It's a tool to help you maintain a steady rhythm once you set the tempo. And something tells me the tempo of your life has sped up considerably in the last few hours. If you'd like, I could help so it down to a more manageable pace." Scott looked shocked and he looked over at Levi who was refusing to meet his eyes.

Scott jumped at the opportunity, and Levi shook her head. "How?"

"By helping you find Deaton." Levi ran a hand through her hair not liking the sound of this and Scott continued to stay hopeful. Levi knew her father had a catch, he always did. Her father stood up and walked slowly to Scott.

"Your hearts pounding. It's not fear. It's anger." Deucalion spoke slowly, as if he was talking to a child. Levi shivered and looked away from the two werewolves.

"I you I know what you're thinking: Does he have something to do with Deaton's disappearance." Levi could see Scott getting angrier by the second and she wanted to step in and tell Scott to go but she knew it wouldn't help anyone.

"Tell you what. If you can take the cane away from me, I'll tell you exactly where he is." Levi sent Scott a pleading look but he was too focused on Deucalion's words to care.

Scott lunged forward, his sights set on the stick in Deucalion's hands and his hands out in front of him. Deucalion quickly moved to the side, causing Scott to tumble and roll on the ground, and before he could get up, Deucalion swiped his stick across Scott's legs sending him falling again.

Levi wanted to do something but she couldn't. There was nothing she could do to help Scott and the urge to protect her alpha was stronger no matter how much she was starting to wish it wasn't.

Scott flipped around the room, dodging Deucalion's swipe and Scott found himself on a filling cabinet staring at the stick.

Deucalion smirked and uncapped the stick, showing the sharp blade that Scott had seen him use on Levi and the twins. He growled and jumped over the stick, lunging again but Deucalion spun and swiped his shoulder with the stick, causing Scott to crouch on the ground holding his shoulder.

"Impressive." Levi's father said, a smirk on his face. Levi went to start towards Scott but the cane was held across her, blocking th way and her father swiped her cheek with the cane.

"Levi, you must learn." Scott turned to look at her but she remained impassive. She felt the cut heal and she pressed her hand to her cheek to check.

"Scott, you know I'm not the one slashing up innocent people, praying to ancient gods, gathering herbs or whatever the hell druids are supposed to do. I am part of a pack that wants Derek dead though, and so is Levi. Kali is coming for him so it's a difficult choice you're about to face."

Scott turned to look at Deucalion. Levi knew what Scott would do and she sighed internally.

"Someone is going to die tonight, and whether thats Derek or Deaton or maybe even someone else, it's up to you."

Scott's patience had faded. "Just tell me where he is."

"I'll give you a very important clue. Let the current guide you." He snapped his fingers and left the room, Levi following him without a second glance at Scott.

////////////////////////.......///////////////////////

Levi and Deucalion sat in the apartment by themselves; she was sitting directly in front of him at the table. He was giving her a talk about the hardships of being an alpha.

"You have to watch people die. Kill or be killed." He said and she rolled her eyes, crossing her arms across her chest.

Deucalion smiled slightly. "Stubborn, just like your mother." Levi went to roll her eyes again when she had a flashback.

A thirteen year old Levi sat around the rest of the pack with Deucalion. He looked over at the pack and sighed in defeat.

"This is why I loved my wife so much – she wasn't stubborn and she followed orders straight away."

Levi sat up straight and looked across the table at her blind father.

"Deucalion, what was my father like?" He looked shocked for a second but quickly acted like he had no idea what she had asked him.

"You know what I'm like-" She cut him off, standing up and letting her chair fall to the floor.

"You're not my real father." She said and he sighed.

"How did you know?" She paled, knowing she had been living a lie for ages. Levi glared at the blind man.

"You called my mother stubborn, but you referred to your wife as never being stubborn years ago." He nodded and they were in complete silence before he spoke again.

"I may not be your father, but I am still your leader and you will fight tonight."