Chapter 19

Levi walked into the hall, and the first thing she saw was Ethan fixing Danny's tie, and popping a piece of gum into his mouth. They shared a moment and Levi smiled, knowing the alpha had fallen for the human.

She watched as Ethan turned and looked at Aiden, both of them moving into seats by the front row and she narrowed her eyes at them, already feeling suspicious. She looked to her left and saw Scott was standing besides her doing the exact same. He looked down at her and smiled.

"Did you find them?" She nodded and he laughed hugging her.

She met his eyes and he raised an eyebrow. "You are looking at the long-lost Hale." His jaw dropped but before he could say anything, Lydia walked over to them. Scott turned to look at her shocked.

"I thought you were going home?" Lydia cast Levi a side glance, no-one apart from the Hales, Deaton and Scott had been told she wasn't in the alpha pack anymore (expect from the actual alpha pack of course).

Lydia looked startled and Levi turned to face her too, flicking her brown fringe away from her face.

"I can't." She shook her head with wide eyes and Levi got the feeling something was going to go down tonight. "I don't know why I'm the one that keeps finding the bodies, but maybe if I just stop trying to fight it, I'd find them before it happens."

Levi placed a comforting hand on Lydia's arm and the strawberry blonde turned to look at her, with a shocked look on her face.

Lydia continued. "Maybe with enough time for someone like you, or you," she added with an afterthought and motioning to Levi before proceeding to talk. "To stop it."

Scott turned to look at her, his face full of desperation. "You get me the time, and I'll do something about it – I swear to god."

Lydia nodded and Scott grabbed onto her hand, clutching it in hope.

-------________-----------

Derek sat at Cora's bedside, thinking over the last few hours. He had received a call from Stiles telling him that Cora had collapsed, so he had rushed to the hospital to find no-one knew what was wrong with her.

Derek had tried to get a hold of Levi, but no-one knew her number – or if she even had a phone. He grabbed onto Cora's hand and didn't let go.

----__________----------

As the music started, Levi noticed Lydia check her phone and look over at Aiden. She moved closer and read over Lydia's shoulder that Aiden wanted to talk to her urgently. Lydia left and Levi felt cooped out and she needed to leave. She decided that she would get some fresh air as too many people in complete silence freaked her out. She patted Scott's arm lightly and leaved over to his ear.

"Going for some fresh air, bark or something if you need me." He glared at her but she shrugged and walked outside, taking a deep breath as the coldness hit her. Once she had cleared her head, she walked back inside just to see Aiden rummaging through his pockets frantically. She ignored the screeching from the musical ensemble and focused on Aiden and Ethan.

"What's up?" Ethan asked, quickly and quietly to not draw attention to them. Aiden sighed and stopped rummaging.

"I think I've lost my phone." Levi felt her blood run cold and she headed back outside, trying to search for Lydia's scent in desperation. Something wasn't right and Levi couldn't let anyone else die and be on her conscious forever like her old pack.

She let her eyes turn red as she latched onto Lydia's scent, following the smell around the outside of the building and realising it reached Ms Blake's classroom. She looked through the window and was freaked out.

Lydia was sitting on a chair, unconscious while Ms Blake was walking around and twisting a knife around in her hand. Levi took a deep breath and launched her through the window, shifting as she did so. Ms Blake turned around to look at the young alpha and let out a short laugh.

Levi pushed her up from the floor and faced the woman. "It's been you this whole time." Levi spat and Ms Blake laughed again.

Levi growled and launched her towards Ms Blake but the older woman moved to the side and Levi yelped as she felt a sharp pain shoot through her thigh. She looked down to see that the knife Ms Blake had been carrying in her hand was now embedded into her thigh as she dropped to the floor, her back against the wall of windows while Ms Blake walked over to her and twisted the knife a little deeper.

Levi watched as the woman got up and started to prepare a noose to choke Lydia with, but the alpha couldn't do anything. The pain was unbearable.

Lydia let out a gasp as she opened her eyes, reaching up to her head and finding blood on her fingers. She looked down to see Ms Blake tightening the cable that she was planning on killing Lydia with and Lydia spoke slowly and shakily.

"What are you doing?" Ms Blake looked up, a sick grin across her face.

"What's necessary? You call them sacrifices but you do not understand the word." Levi could tell Lydia's vision was going in and out of focus by the way she kept blinking and moving her head and she wanted to help but the knife must have really done into her deep.

Levi's hearing was blanking out and she could only hear parts of their conversation.

"Stop."
"Oh I wish I could. But you don't know the alphas like I do." She looked over at Levi and Lydia let out a gasp, surprised that Levi was there and she was looking so vulnerable.

"But you Lydia, you're not a sacrifice." Levi just managed to watch as Ms Blake walked over to her and ripped the knife out of her thigh, making Levi's gasp crack in pain but she ignored the girl and continued to stand behind Lydia, holding the knife to her throat.

"You're just a girl who knows too much." Levi looked down to see her wound beginning to clear up and the pain was fading, her strength coming back to her. "Or actually, a girl who knew too much."

As Ms Blake tightened the cord around her neck, Lydia let out a ear shattering scream, making Levi groan and cover her ears. Ms Blake looked between Levi and Lydia before smirking.

"Unbelievable." She whispered and let go of the cord to stand in front of Lydia. "You have no idea what you are, do you? The wailing woman. A banshee right before my eyes." She moved closer to Lydia.