Chapter 5

Levi stood behind Ms Blake as she called out, asking who was there. The teenager's eyes glowed red and she felt her canines sharpen and claws extend. It was times like these she was grateful that for some reason, she never grew extra facial hair, making her look almost the same.

She heard Derek talking to Scott. "Close the door behind me." She could hear Scott arguing back and she rolled her eyes.

"You're going to go in there alone? Either you kill them or they kill you." He said slowly and Derek nodded.

"That's why I'm going in alone." He opened the door and darted inside, with Scott bolting it shut after him.

Levi and Ms Blake heard the growls and they saw Cora and Boyd appear from the darkness, and they approached them. Levi stared at them but before she could go for them, Derek knocked them both out of the way. Ms Blake panicked and dropped her folders, moving backwards and shutting the mesh gate. Levi saw Derek get hit and fall to the ground and she decided that even though her pack wanted the others dead, she would need to help.

She lightly moved Ms Blake out of the way and ignored her yells of surprise. Levi shifted properly (still with no facial hair) and tackled Boyd to the floor, sweeping claws across his chest as Derek pushed himself back up, shooting the young alpha a look of surprise.

Derek threw Boyd across the floor while Cora grabbed Levi's shoulders and shoved the girl into the boiler room door and Levi could faintly hear Scott jumping back in surprise. She threw Cora off her and into Boyd whiles her and Derek moved to stand beside each other.

"You're an alpha?!" He yelled confused at her while they fought with the wolves. She rolled her eyes and her eyes were still red when she faced him.

"No, I'm an omega with red eyes." She snarled sarcastically as she blocked Cora's attempt to slash her leg.

She saw Derek roll his eyes but their focus was immediately back on the two wolves whom were now blocking their attacks too and had started to land more of their own on them. Levi saw Derek get kicked to the floor so she turned and slashed Boyd's back while Cora was distracted. She wasn't careful enough though because Boyd spun around and dug his claws into her stomach at the same time as Cora dug hers into her back. Boyd removed his claws while he turned back around to Derek but Cora just lifted Levi higher.

Levi brought her leg back and kicked Cora's knee, making the older girl remove her claws from Levi's back. It was a good distraction though because in a second, Levi and Derek were pressed against each other and while Cora and Boyd slashed Derek's chest, they also slashed Levi's back.

Levi's back was covered in blood while Derek's chest was too. She sat against the wall, beside Derek as they both regained their breathing. Scott and Isaac ran in, and they were more than shocked to see a beaten up Levi beside Derek. Derek turned to the teens.

"There's a teacher. Get them out of here, we'll help the teacher." The two boys looked conflicted and did what he asked, Scott shooting Levi shocked glances the whole time. Derek and Levi made their way to Ms Blake.

Scott and Isaac discussed how Levi was an alpha let alone a wolf and they knew that had to warn Lydia and Allison straight away.

Meanwhile, back at the boiler room, Derek and Levi had just found Ms Blake.

They opened the gate and Derek held a hand out to her. She looked shocked to see her pupil and Derek covered in blood but she took his hand and he helped her up, while Derek and Levi looked at her.

Levi left Derek with her English teacher and she hardly managed to stumble back to the loft, where her pack were staying and before she could even knock, the door was swung open and Ethan and Aiden had swung her arms over their shoulders and helped her into the room, placing he on her stomach while Kali looked at the slashes. Although they were healing, they weren't doing it as quick as normal and no=one was sure why.

Deucalion spoke to Levi while they looked at her back. "Did they find out?"

She nodded and he sighed, knowing that one of their plans was now out of action but he didn't care too much, the plan was just a side plan and he knew it probably wouldn't have worked anyway.

Kali let out a snarl and everyone gathered around Levi's back. The young girl was hissing in pain as Kali lightly touched her cuts.

"It's somehow got a bit of mountain ash in the cut. I'll get it out." Kali managed to get it out while Ethan and Aiden had to hold Levi's shoulders so she wouldn't jump up and Aiden took some of her pain away. Once Kali had finished removing the mountain ash out – and Levi didn't want to know how - she watched as the cuts closed up and Levi felt no more of the pain from the wolves attack.

She buttoned her plaid shirt back up as the older wolves left the room, leaving her, Aiden and Ethan thinking up ways to annoy the other packs. She told them how she was considering signing up for the cross-country team as Deucalion told them all they had to find something to do.

"You've got to! That way when we go on meets, you can come too and they'll get even more worked up." Ethan said smirking and Levi agreed along with Aiden.

"You're guaranteed a place anyway, we run fast." Aiden said and the trio laughed. They discussed how they were going to hype up the wolves tomorrow on the track and see how much they could get away with. The three laughed and stayed up all night, planning and joking around.