Chapter 12

Stiles, Lydia and Allison frantically were trying to find Scott and Levi.

"I can't find Scott or Levi anywhere." Allison said and they all shared panicked looks.

"It's happening to them too isn't it?" Stiles asked as the three of them ran down the steps. Lydia agreed and mentioned the flare on the bus so they decided to grab that.

They slowed instantly once they reached the bottom of the stairs and they spotted Scott. He was holding the last flare, and there was an empty Gasoline bottle lying beside him and he was drenched in the stuff. He was staring sadly at the ground and the three cautiously walked up to him.

"Scott?" Allison asked carefully, moving closer to him with the other two trailing behind. "Scott?" She repeated, hoping he was going to be okay.

He looked up at them all. "There's no hope." He said weakly and Allison put on a smile to cheer him up.

"What do you mean Scott? There's always hope." Allison pleaded but he wasn't listening.

"Not for me. Not for Derek." He said and Allison sighed.

"Derek wasn't your fault." She said firmly but Scott wasn't listening. "You know Derek wasn't your fault."

Scott's grip on the flare tightened. "Every time I try to fight back it just gets worse. Everyone just keeps getting hurt. People keep getting killed."

Stiles stepped forward, his heart was crumbling. Scott was his best friend and there was no way he could do this. "Scott, listen to me. This isn't you. This is someone inside your head telling you to do this."

Scott cut him off. "What if it isn't? What if it is just me? What if doing this is actually the best thing I could do for everyone else?"

He looked at Stiles. "You and me. We were nothing. We weren't popular. We weren't good at lacrosse. We weren't important. We were no one. Maybe I should just be no one again. No one at all."

Stiles stepped forward. "Scott just listen to me okay? You're not no one. You're someone, Scott you're my best friend okay and I need you. Scott, you're my brother. So if you're going to do this then you're just going to have to take me with you then." Stiles said, standing into the puddle of gasoline and pulling the flare from his hand while Lydia and Allison watched horrified.

Stiles threw the flare away from the Gasoline and looked at Scott. They all breathed a sigh of relief until the flare rolled back towards the Gasoline and Lydia and Allison knocked the two boys out of the way and away from the blast that went on behind them. Lydia turned and saw a dark figure in the flames, glaring at her before they faded and so did the flames.

All four of them got up, each of them hugging Scott glad that he was alive and they filled him in.

"Ethan tried to saw himself apart but when that failed he tried to use his claws." They all shuddered. "He accidently touched the heater and we figured you all stopped once you touched heat. Boyd had a safe on his chest and was trying to drown himself, Isaac was trapped under his bed and you were standing in a puddle of gasoline." Stiles recapped quickly and they all sighed with relief that it was all over. Scott counted them off on his fingers.

"So they only needed three right? That meant they could have use Isaac, Boyd, Me, Ethan or Levi." They all froze and turned to look at each other. They hadn't seen Levi.

"Guys? Where's Levi?" They all looked around frantically for any sign of the youngest alpha and gulped.

"Wait, so Isaac though he saw his father, Scott saw his mother die, Boyd heard his sister and god knows what Ethan saw. But what would Levi have seen?" Lydia said outloud and they all thought but Scott knew.

"Earlier, she was freaking out and could see someone and she was muttering "I didn't mean to kill you" over and over again, almost as if someone was there." Allison had the next line of thought.

"The alpha's killed their packs to be in Deucalion's alpha gang right?" They all nodded and Stiles finished the sentence.

"So she must be seeing her dead pack." They all stopped when they heard a crash come from the side of the motel and they took off, immediately noticing Levi standing there completely shifted out. Allison and Lydia hadn't seen her shifted yet and they were surprised.

"Why is she the only one who doesn't get the excess hair?" They both said but returned their attention to the alpha.

None of them noticed the gun in her hand until she lifted it to her head. Scott stepped forward slightly, his hands raised.

"Levi, put the gun down." She shook her head.

"I killed them. I killed them all without thought. I can't stop seeing them, they're everywhere I look. If I go it'll stop. I won't feel bad. I'll be free." She said desperately and Scott walked closer towards her but stopped when she moved the gun so it was touching her throat.

"Levi, it's okay. They understand. Ending your life won't bring them back." She lowered the gun slightly but not by much. Scott recognised that like Stiles had done for him, he would need to take the gun. He turned to look at the others.

He mouthed that he was going to shift and they all nodded slightly. He shifted and lunged for Levi, knocking the gun out of her hands and across the ground to Allison who dissembled the gun.

Levi wasn't out of her state though, and she was now angry at Scott. Her eyes shone bright red in the light and she lunged for Scott. He just managed to get away and swipe her back but she kept going. She tackled him to the ground and the two wrestled, Levi snapping her teeth dangerously close to Scott's neck. Scott noticed the heat radiating off the lamp that was beside them so he grabbed her hand and flung it onto the bulb, and almost instantly her eyes were back to brown.

She sat up and breathed heavily looking around at them all. She noticed Scott was examining a small slash on his arm and she sighed.

"I am so sorry Scott!" She said and reached out her hand and her veins turned back and the cut was gone. She had to blink a few times to steady herself and Scott scolded her.

"I would have healed. Stop doing that, it's not good for you." Levi swayed dangerously and Stiles grabbed her arm, throwing it over his shoulder as her eyes flittered.

"They were right. You're going to make a great alpha." She passed out and Stiles picked her up, carrying her as they all headed back to the bus for the night.