Chapter 16

Kali opened to door to Derek's loft, Levi standing directly beside her.

"I've got to be honest Derek, when Ennis died I thought to myself I'd just go for it. Find you and kill you, wherever you stood." Kali and Levi walked down the steps, looking at the shifted werewolves.

"Then I remembered, how you surround yourself with these teenagers, hiding behind them. And I thought, what's a girl got to do to get you alone?"

Levi and Kali turned to the door and the twins appeared, holding Ms Blake by the neck, their claws extended. Levi and Kali smiled before turning to face Derek.

"You and me Derek. Or they tear her apart. What do you say?" Levi stood on the steps while Kali walked forward. "Think you can beat me one on one?"

Derek growled at the alphas. He moved his head to the side and Isaac and Boyd backed off, glaring at Levi.

"I'm gonna rip your throat out, with my teeth." Derek said and all the alphas rolled their eyes.

Kali shifted and Derek launched himself into the air, slashing towards Kali. Kali dodged the attack and flung Derek backwards and into the water. He got back up and charged towards her, but he ducked his swipe and kicked his stomach.

Ms Blake was freaking out and she turned to look at Levi. "Levi! Do something!" Levi shrugged and looked over at her English teacher.

"Sorry Ms Blake, nothing I can do." She went back to picking out any dirt from under her nails. Ms Blake continued to struggle against the twins, letting out another scream.

Levi let out a short whistle of awe when Kali jumped against a pillar and kicked Derek in the face. The twins looked at her, rolling their eyes and she shrugged.

"It's cool. I want to do that." Kali proceeded to jump onto the table, kicking Derek in the chest and knocking him into the pool of water. She jumped off the table and kicked Derek again, sending him flying backwards.

Levi was trying to ignore the urge she had to protect Derek, not quite understanding why she kept having these protective feelings.

Isaac moved forward to help but the twins tightened their grip on Ms Blake. Derek looked over at his beta.

"NO!" Isaac moved backwards and Levi clenched her fist, now paying complete attention to the fight.

Derek swiped at Kali but like before, she dodged him and swiped across his stomach, but he kept rallying her punches.

They grappled with each other's arms before Derek pushed her backwards. She growled and flipped towards him, knocking him to the floor and he fell back into the puddle.

Kali and Derek fought harder, when Levi heard a vibration and she looked up to see Isaac check his phone. He looked up and suddenly lunged towards the twins, before Levi could blink.

Levi hadn't noticed she was partially on the water until the water lit up with electricity and she saw Kali and Derek shake with the shock, and she too felt the hot pain through her body. She managed to see the twins had let go off Ms Blake and Isaac was holding on to the teacher.

Levi noticed Boyd was on the water too, and what happened next shocked her as much as everyone else.

Kali, who was recovering quicker than the other three, got up and turn to the twins. "TAKE HIM!" They ran across the water, the current now gone and lifted Derek, cupping his hands so the claws were pointing upwards.

Kali lifted Boyd up, and threw him into Derek's claws. Levi let out a short yelp of surprise and she pushed herself up, moving to stand beside Kali. She stared shocked at the three other alphas: it was not the plan she had agreed to.

Derek's eyes grew brighter as Boyd let out a gasp of pain and instantly Levi understood this was the real plan – she had been led on.

Kali ignored Levi's angry look and her, Ethan and Aiden let go of the werewolves and started to walk away. Levi followed behind them slowly, but she was still watching Boyd and Derek, a shocked look on her face.

"We're giving you until the next full moon Derek. Make the smart choice: join the pack. Or next time I'm killing all of you." Levi opened her mouth to say something but the older alpha grabbed the back of her neck, dragging her out before she could say something to the dying boy and his alpha.

She could still hear Boyd and Derek's conversation as they left and she could feel her heart-breaking.

"The full moon...that feeling...it was worth it." Levi flashed back to when she tried to stop Kali from killing Erica but she had been too late, the beta was already dead. Levi should have always known she wasn't truly made for this pack.

Levi heard the splash as Boyd fell to the ground and she closed her eyes as Kali pulled her along. She could hear Cora, Stiles and Lydia joining them and Cora crying about Boyd.

Levi felt her pulse spike and the rest turned to look at her. She shook Kali's hand off her neck and turned to look at them.

"I'm jogging back home." She took off as they all rolled their eyes at her antics as they got into Kali's car.

Levi returned back to the apartment quicker than the others just like she had planned. Deucalion was sitting by the fire, waiting on their arrival. She walked over to him and he smiled.

"Levi. How nice of you to come home so quickly." She cut him off and asked the question that was on her mind and had been since she talked to him the other day.

"Who are my real parents?" Deucalion didn't answer but Levi was pretty sure she had figured it out. Her eyes narrowed and she laughed emmotionless.

"You've been off with me since we caught Cora, and then when I met Derek." Deucalion knew she had figured it out. He stood up, uncapping the cane, ready to fight her if she got too angry.

"Oh my god." She said, taking a step backwards and gasping in shock. "I was right."

Deucalion finally spoke. "Thalia Hale."

Levi fell to her knees, staring into the fire and her emotions were mixed. Her father - no, the man who ruined her - grabbed on to her shoulder almost in a comforting way but Levi knew it was to antagonise her.

Deucalion delievered his final blow before leaving the room. "Derek and Cora are your siblings."