Chapter 33

Levi and Derek stood outside Scott's house. Levi tilted her head and looked at Derek.

"Four heartbeats?" She questioned. Derek nodded.

"Four heartbeats." He confirmed and she grinned, knowing he was going to be not only a brother but a mentor to her. Levi heard a sudden yell and the smell of blood before her and Derek shifted and kicked open the door, Derek sliding in and roaring. Levi ran in, instantly spotting Scott and Kira. As Kira stood helpless, Levi noticed an 'oni' (that was what Isaac said) beside her. Levi snarled and shoved Kira backwards, growling at the oni.

The window smashed and Aiden and Ethan jumped in, looking up in synchronisation. Levi stood protectively beside Kira while the boys shoved all the oni outside and Melissa smashed a bottle of mountain ash on the floor to stop them from coming in.

Kira raised her hand and went to touch the barrier before her hand was shoved back, just like the werewolves would be if they tried to get through the barrier. They all turned to face Kira in confusion before she slowly edged away. As they all stared at her, everyone's attention diverted for a second as Melissa yelled out for Scott's help.

Aiden tilted his head and smiled slightly at Kira. "It's Kira, right?" She nodded. "You going to tell us what you are?"

Levi heard Kira's heart panic. "What? What do you mean?"

Aiden grabbed her arm and Levi snarled. Aiden glared at her and raised Kira's hand. "Watch!" He spat and pressed her hand to the invisible wall of mountain ash. Her hand moves back and Aiden snarled at Levi.

"See that?" Ethan moved around to stand in front of Kira, listening to his brother. "She can't go through it either. So what are you?"

"She's a kitsune, idiot." Derek says, placing a soft hand on Levi's shoulder. "Use your eyes." Levi turned her eyes red and let out a low whistle before smirking.

"Wow Kira, you are hot." Kira smiled knowing she was referring to the almost fire around her.

"Thanks." Kira muttered before they all continued talking.

"The younger ones give off an aura." Derek continued, casting a smirking side-glance at Levi. "She just hasn't learnt how to conceal it yet. She probably doesn't know what kind she is either." Levi felt something remind her of kitsunes and looked over at Derek as she spoke.

"Void. Nogitsune." Levi muttered and Derek nodded, making his eyebrows furrow.

"Where'd you learn that?" He asked, not sure if she had learnt it from their family before she was erased from their lives.

"I don't know."

Kira left to talk to Scott and Levi stood beside Derek as they stared the oni down. Levi could feel Aiden's annoyance.

"I wasn't going to hurt her." He complained and Derek hardly batted an eyelid.

"Not yet." Levi cast a warning look at Aiden and the omega almost backed down.

"Why'd you think we're here Derek? For study group?" He started again, ignoring Levi. "We're here to protect Scott."

Ethan joined in and Levi rolled her eyes. "We're trying to fight for him." Derek looked down at Levi but did not turn to face the twins.

"I'm sure you are. I'm sure you'd kill for him." Levi knew where he was going. "But do you want to die for him?"

The twins shared uncertain looks with each other and Levi placed her arm lightly on Derek's elbow, reminding him she was there.

The oni started banging against the mountain ash barrier and Scott coming running in with Kira. He placed his hand protectively on Levi's shoulder and the twins eyed it carefully.

"What are they doing?" Scott asked Derek who turned to face the young alpha. However it was Aiden who spoke.

"Testing for weaknesses." As they all started banging and hitting the barrier more forcefully, Levi moved out of Scott's grasp and stood protectively in front of Kira. Aiden watched as they put their hand through the barrier.

"GUYS?" He brought their attention to the oni and they all turned to stare at them in shock. "We have a problem!"

Levi looked at Scott. "Call Allison."

Scott did as Levi asked and everyone sighed slightly as Allison picked up. "Allison, please tell me that your dad has something! They're here, they're trying to break through the barrier and they're going to be able to."

The wolves listened to her reply. "Okay, listen. They're Japanese demons – they're called the oni. They're looking for someone possessed: someone with a dark spirit attached to them."

"A Nogitsune."

"How'd you know that?"

They all waited anxiously as the oni started trying to put its sword into the barrier.

"Tell me what else." Scott pleaded.

"Okay, they won't hurt you." Levi threw her hands in the air.

"Great, can we go home now?" Everyone ignored her and continued listening to Allison.

"-do this check and you're not carrying a dark spirit then they won't hurt you. I promise. All they're looking for is a Nogitsune."

Scott hung up and put the phone down slowly.

"I'm right aren't I?" Kira asked and Scott looked at her. "They're looking for me."

Levi interrupted. "They're looking for a dark spirit. And I know it's not you."

Derek looked around anxiously. "Scott, you're going to have to do something!"

The oni broke the barrier and Levi snarled. Her eyes grew red and she went to attack when Scott calmly spoke.

"Don't do anything." Levi's eyes turned back to their usual colour and the four other wolves turned to look at him in shock.

"Is he serious?" Aiden asked, sounding annoyed and Levi shot Aiden another glare.

"I said: don't do anything." Scott spoke tougher this time and Derek and Levi shared a glacne before backing down.

Scott held Kira's hand and looked her in the eye. "Trust me." She nodded and he squeezed her hand lightly. He led them over to the oni and the demons put their hands on their necks, causing them to sink to the ground and let go off each other's hands. Aiden moved forward and Derek put a hand on his chest before Levi growled.

"No." She spoke firmly and Aiden complied, looking shocked at her effect.

They fell to the floor and the oni disappeared, Derek running to Scott and Levi running to Kira. Aiden sat beside Levi and Ethan moved beside Scott.

"You're going to be okay." Ethan muttered to Scott.

/////////

Once they were both back up, Derek and Levi turned to leave. The twins jogged out after them, following Levi on her left and right. Levi stopped and looked at them.

"I swear to god, stop following me like puppies." They both rolled their eyes and slunked off in the direction of their bikes, knowing Levi wasn't in the mood for one of their 'be an alpha' pep talks.