Chapter 28

The three werewolves sat looking at her body before Scott picked up his phone and called Stiles.

"Scott?"

"Hey! You okay?"

"Yeah, we're okay. We're all okay. What about you, you okay?" Scott looked back at Derek who was sitting beside Levi's body his head resting on her stomach as he cried.

"Sort of."

"You think you can come get us?"

"Yeah, of course."

"Great okay, bring a ladder."

"My mother told me you were a man of vision once. We're letting you go because we hope you can be that man again."

"But if you're not, then having your eyesight back won't matter because you'll never see us coming." Derek picked up Levi's empty body carefully, and him and Scott left the warehouse, leaving Deucalion staring at them confused.

Scott looked over at Levi in Derek's arms. "Do you think she's really gone?" Derek looked down at the girl and moved a piece of hair away from her eyes. He looked back at Scott.

"I think the only way to know is Deaton. Scott, we can't ruin their happiness yet." Scott nodded and Derek smiled lightly.

"I'll take her body to Deaton, see if he knows any way to bring her back, but if he can't then we tell them."

Scott and Derek split up, Derek taking his dead sister's body to the vet while Scott went to get the twins, Lydia and Cora to help him get everyone out of the root cellar.

Deaton looked at Derek as he examined the girl's body. He nodded.

"Yeah, she'll be fine." Derek's eyes widened.

"SHES DEAD." He yelled, thinking Deaton was missing the point. Deaton shook his head and pushed Derek's head right against her ribcage.

He could hear a very very quiet beating and he looked up at Deaton.

"Why is her heart-beat so faint?" Deaton smiled lightly.

"There is many things about your sister that are miracles yet unknown at the same time. Just embrace it."

Derek laughed. Deaton grabbed a long needle from his table and turned to Levi.

"Let's wake her up." He rammed the needle into her waist and Levi shot up, her eyes turning red and letting out an ear wrenching howl.

Derek rolled his eyes, knowing that the rest of them probably heard that.

She looked over at Derek, a scowl on her face. "Don't roll your eyes at me."

Deaton looked over at her sadly. "Levi, there's a complication. You were dead, for a few minutes, but like Allison and Stiles and Scott, there's a darkness surrounding your heart. It's the price you'll have to pay for being alive again."

Levi nodded slowly before turning to look at her brother. They stared at each other before she flung herself into his arms and he held her tight.

Derek grabbed his phone and sent a text to Scott.

Cora and I taking off, Levi alive. Look after her. –Derek

Derek smiled at his sister, and told her Cora and him were leaving that moment. She nodded and walked with him to the apartment, thanking Deaton as she did and said goodbye to Cora.

It occurred to Levi as she was walking towards Scott's house where she presumed the pack were, that she actually didn't have a home anymore. She knocked on the door to be tackled into a hug by Scott, him grinning down at her, happy to see her breathing.

They walked into Scott's living room, everyone staring at them weirdly. "I died."

Everyone's eyes widened and Scott and Levi smiled. "But now I'm not dead."

No-one even asked, just all sat round the TV eating pizza and laughing.

As they all went to leave at the end of the night, Aiden and Ethan said goodbye while they pulled Levi out with them. She turned to look at them and they smirked teasingly.

"Pack is pack." They held out a key and she stared down at it confused. They both laughed.

"We bought an apartment, and we knew you were out of houses so we thought that us alphas used to be so close, and we might as well live together." Ethan said and Levi shook her head laughing.

"Do I get a room to myself?" She asked jokingly and they nodded. She swung her arms over their shoulders as she walked, grinning.

"I guess I just have to move in then."

They headed back to school, falling back into their normal routines. Levi was walking with Stiles as they saw Scott staring down the corridor blankly, the darkness that Deaton had told them about was affecting them but Scott knew how to overcome it for now. She had told them about Deaton's prediction and the rest of the 'pack' had made a pact to never let them get low.

Stiles and Levi smiled as they reached Scott, Stiles slapping his shoulders and Levi swinging an arm over his shoulders. Scott laughed as the three walked down the corridor, Levi seeing Isaac and Allison laughing on the stairs, Lydia and Aiden flirting at her locker and Ethan and Danny leaving a classroom hand in hand.

She looked at Stiles and Scott. "Does Danny actually not suspect anything about us?" The three laughed and she knew the twins were looking at her. She looked to her left and winked at Ethan making him roll his eyes and to the right she stuck her tongue out at Aiden making Lydia laugh.

Jennifer stared at Peter. "Now that Scott's an alpha and Levi's back, you'll be able to steal it from one of them. Levi doesn't even know the truth about her pack. You'll be an alpha again." She said, annoyed that Peter never had any bad bits.

Peter narrowed his eyes at her. "Again? Again?" He reached out and slashed her throat, killing her completely.

"I AM THE ALPHA. I'VE ALWAYS BEEN THE ALPHA!"