Chapter 32

Derek threw Levi's jacket at her. She caught it without looking and he rolled his eyes knowing she would find herself completely stuck if she didn't have her werewolf powers.

"Where we heading?" Levi asked as she followed Derek up the steps to the loft door.

"We need basics: food, juice for you, milk, few light bulbs and some other things." Levi nodded and Derek looked back at the loft before closing it shut behind them.

"We need to pick up sweets as well." Derek looked over at his younger sister and he could feel the joy rolling off her.

"Why?"

"It's Halloween Derek. It's this day every year that humans dress up and go out asking-" Levi started and Derek cut her off.

"I know what Halloween is, you idiot." Levi rolled her eyes and huffed. She slumped deeper into the seat of his Toyota.

/////

It was dark once they pulled up to the bigger supermarket; the smaller one was out of light bulbs so they had managed to get the rest of their shopping.

As Derek and Levi got out of the car, they sense something or someone standing behind them. They turned around to find three kids dressed up and holding pillow cases. Derek and Levi shared a solemn look before Derek slowly reached into the car. Levi almost laughed as she heard the kids' heartbeats increase rapidly but she kept her cool for the joke.

Derek pulled out the bag of sweets and put a handful each into the kid's pillow cases. As the kids stood staring at them in shock, Levi knew what her brother was going to do.

At the same time, they flashed their blue and red eyes at the kids before showing their canines and growling. The kids all screamed and ran away, Derek and Levi sharing smug glances. As Derek threw the bag into the car, Levi felt cold and looked up to see five masked figures had appeared in front of them. Derek turned around too and they froze for a second.

Their eyes glowed yellow and Levi thought of fireflies before they moved forward. Derek and Levi stood up later, realising the masked figures were gone.

Levi looked at Derek and gently placed a hand on his face before running a finger behind his ear. "There's a mark on your neck."He looked at Levi and placed a finger on her neck.

"There's one on yours too."

Derek looked at Levi. He tilted his head back and roared, Levi knowing Scott would hear it.

//////////

They arrived back to the loft to find a rave going on. Levi and Derek snarled before opening the door and walking in, heading straight to the DJ booth.

A man placed a hand on Derek's chest. "Sorry, but bloody beetroots don't take requests." Levi snorted at the name before turning back to Derek.

Derek tilted his head and smiled unapologetically. He grabbed the man's neck and lifted him slightly. "He'll take ours."

Derek flung the man to the side and walked up to the DJ, Levi trailing behind. Derek smiled at the DJ before flipping the table, and causing the music to stop. He looked around at all the teenagers smiling at them.

"GET OUT!" He yelled and Levi rolled her eyes at how controlling it was but it worked, and everyone slowly left the loft. As everyone filed out, Levi and Derek noticed the cloaked figures that had attacked them and left the symbol behind their ear.

Levi moved closer to Derek and he stood slightly in front of her, their shoulders just touching.

The five figures turned to stare at Aiden and he widened his eyes. "Guys, they're all looking at me. Why are they all looking at me?"

As the figures moved forward, Levi and Scott made eye contact before they both let their eyes turn red and their claws out. Levi was thrown across the room instantly and smacked into the wall beside Kira. The girl helped the alpha up, even though she didn't know her but understood she was a friend of Scott's. Levi was going to jump back into the fight once she watched her brother get slammed into a wall but one look at Kira's frightened face was enough to know that Levi should stay with the girl in case she was a target.

Isaac moved forward, ready to go to Aiden's rescue – which surprised Levi – until one of the masked men pulled a sword from his chest and started swinging it around threateningly.

Isaac slowly edged backwards and Levi snarled, not letting them touch Aiden. She lunged forwards the closest one who sliced at her with his sword before throwing her across the room, her head smacking off the corner of Derek's window frame. Levi sank to the floor, unconscious.

The masked demons grabbed Aiden and touched his face. Aiden fell to the ground and the men all swung round, facing Scott. Scott growled and his eyes glowed red, moving over slightly so he was standing in front of Kira. They all stopped and the sun shone through the window before they all vanished in dust.

Allison passed Ethan to Isaac and ran over to Levi, checking her pulse. She sighed and looked down at the healing gash on Levi's stomach and the small cut on the back of her head. Allison watched as her eyes fluttered open, looking confused.

Ethan released Isaac and ran over to Aiden, helping his twin.

Allison looked over at Scott. "What the hell where those things?" He questioned and Levi spat out a bit of blood, catching Allison's attention for a moment. She wiped Levi's mouth and Isaac looked at her.

"Your dad's twenty-four hours are up." Isaac said and Allison looked shocked and confused. Levi tried to stand up but stumbled and Allison jumped up, catching her before she could fall. Derek walked over and helped support Levi, sharing a look of peace with Allison.

"I've got her, go call your dad." Derek said and Allison nodded, following the rest of them out of the loft and shutting the heavy door behind them. Derek sat Levi down on the couch and went to the kitchen before passing her a glass of milk.

"Drink." She gulped it down and he rubbed the back of her head, the healing process speeding up. Levi stared at him once she started feeling better.

"Der, they were looking at Scott, weren't they?" She questioned and Derek nodded, letting her rest against him.

"Scott will be their first target after the sun goes down, if what you're getting at is right." He stated and Levi nodded, looking up at him. She stroked his brown hair and rubbed her face into his neck before sighing and pulling away.

"We're going to follow him." Derek spoke and Levi nodded, letting Derek pull her up and pass her his old leather jacket to wear. She grabbed his keys and threw them across to him before jogging up the steps and out of the loft.