Chapter 1

(A/N Allison never visited France in the summer before Season 3 in this story)

Levi pulled on her pink converse that had small white polka-dots on them before fixing her casual white and grey dress, and shrugging on a grey cardigan. She looked herself over once in the mirror and made sure her hair was straightened to perfection. She loved how little effort she needed to use to make herself look attractive; she knew taking his offer was a good choice.

She picked up her satchel from her bed and headed downstairs, seeing her brothers as she went to grab some cereal. They didn't look over at her as they said good morning: they were talking to each other about how they were going to arrive at school.

She sniggered at how they had both had makeovers just to be able to impress the students at their new school. She rolled her eyes and walked out the door after she finished the bowl of cereal and unlocked her car before sliding into the front seat and driving towards their new school.

She was lucky enough to have made some friends over the summer, and that was exactly what she had hoped for. She immediately went to the office and collected her timetable, locker code and anything else she needed. She walked back out of the office and instantly spotted the new friends she had made and they saw her too. They smiled enthusiastically and waved her over, glad she had transferred schools and that meant they would be spending much more time with her.

She walked over and was not too surprised to find her locker was next to one of theirs, the school had been informed that she only knew them and that she was to be made as comfortable as possible. After a little bit of harmless persuasion, they had agreed quickly and made any demands or changes. It was the same for her brothers too.

Lydia Martin and Allison Argent smiled warmly at the brown haired, hazel eyed girl. They had met her early on in the summer and to everyone's surprise (including both girls) they were inseparable. She had captured their friendship by her academic knowledge, talent at sports - the girls soon found out she had been taught archery as a child, which thrilled Allison - and excellent fashion sense. She had bonded with them easily and just like she knew she would.

"Freshmen," Lydia started, her fingers rotating as she pointed as looked each of them over as Allison and Levi shook their heads. "lots and lots of fresh men." She spoke wishfully and Levi grinned widely, her friend's antics never ceasing to amuse her. Allison scoffed at her strawberry blonde best friend.

"You mean fresh boys." She pointed out, Levi laughing in agreement. "Lydia, they're fourteen!" She started putting books away in her locker and so did Levi, both of them rolling their eyes. Lydia waved a hand shrugging their comments off.

Levi lost the conversation for a moment while she focused on what books she needed for her first period before turning back in once she had finished.

"I don't want a boyfriend. I want a distraction." Lydia started checking some boy out as he passed them and Levi laughed lightly again. She looked around the corridor when her eyes caught onto two people strutting down the corridors, their heads held proudly. Alison and Levi both leaned forward catching onto who Lydia was staring at. She recognised them instantly but chose to not say anything. The two boys pulled off their motorbike helmets and ruffled their hair, with every girl in the corridor - and Danny - watching intently.

"Brothers?" Allison asked noticing the boys similarities and Lydia shook her head.

"Twins." They walked right past the trio, giving them each a different interaction. They ignored Allison, smiled at Lydia and winked at Levi. Levi rolled her eyes and turned back to the two girls.

They checked Levi's schedule to see that she was in their first class of the day with them: English. She walked into the class laughing with them, and noticed two boys giving her confused looks. She looked over at them to seeone was a boy with freckles in a plaid shirt and the other was tanned and she could almost smell the authority over the other boy. She rolled her eyes and took a seat behind Lydia, while Allison had an awkward conversation with the tanned boy before sitting in front of him.

They all pulled out their books when everyone in the class who had a mobile phone, heard their phones beep or vibrate and the class shared confused looks before checking the text. Levi realised it was obviously something from a book when a woman - who was obviously their teacher - walked in, reading the text word for word to the class.

"This is the last line to the book we are going to read. It is also the last text you will receive in this class." She said, before telling everyone to turn off their phones and put them away.

The tanned boy was called out of the class and everyone watched with eager eyes. Levi ignored the conversation between Lydia and the freckled boy, only listening enough to get some information. He was rambling about something bad happening when Lydia started counting and a bird slammed into the window, leaving a trail of blood. Everyone looked out of the window as the sky almost turned black with birds circling near the window as Ms Blake walked slowly up to the glass. Everyone screamed as all the birds launched themselves towards the windows, causing the glass to shatter and everyone started to duck for cover. Levi scrambled down beside Allison and they shared frightened glances. Allison could see a thick piece of glass wedged into Levi's face just above her eyebrow and the blood was flowing from the cut.

Once the birds all either flew away or just dropped dead, everyone stood up carefully and Lydia gasped at Levi's face. Levi's hand flew to the cut and she winced as she accidently shoved the glass in deeper to her head. She felt her head feeling lighter and she saw the blurry images of the freckled boy, Lydia and Allison yelling her name and lunging towards her before all she saw was black.