Chapter 37

Levi ran towards where she could see her brother and the twins fighting against the remaining oni and although she noted that the nogistune was no where in sight, neither was her other friends.

As Derek stumbled backwards, Levi jumped in, slashing at the oni with her claws while giving her brother a minute to recover. She could feel the wound on her stomach beginning to eventually heal, knowing her brother was still okay.

As the oni stumbled and took a second to regain it's footing, Levi cast a glance at her brother. His eyes met hers and a small smile fell across her lips for a moment. They both turned back and went to attack the oni before a single arrow swished past them, hit the oni and it exploded into dust.

The two Hales spun around to look at Chris and Isaac standing on the steps behind them, Chris with a raised crossbow.

Ethan yelled over to them. "What was that?" 

Chris looked down at the bow. "Silver."

Levi continued to fight as Derek yelled at Isaac to take the triskelion box to Scott and the others. The beta swooped up the box and took off, leaving Chris and the other wolves to handle the remaining Oni.

As Chris went to fire the last arrow, the Oni Levi had been fighting spun around and sliced it with an arrow. Aiden and Levi shared a look while Chris announced it was the last one. They both lunged towards the arrowhead and Aiden got there first, spinning around and stabbing it into the Oni.

Levi grinned and spun around to look at her brother before she felt a sharp pain through her stomach. She slowly turned back around and looked over at Aiden.

Her and Ethan yelled out at the same time. "AIDEN!"

/

Levi sunk on to the ground beside Aiden, Ethan sitting on the other side of his brother.

"Does it hurt you as much as it hurts me?" Ethan nodded before laughing slightly.

"Yeah."

"Okay." Aiden turned to look at Levi, a sad smile on his face. "They never believed we were one of the good guys anyway."

Levi shook her head. Derek spoke softly. "She'll believe me."

Aiden smiled slightly and coughed a little bit before he turned his attention back to Levi as she spoke.

"I never realised it until now, I've been your alpha all this time." She spoke softly and he nodded, a tear sliding down his cheek.

"You were the best. We were the best." Aiden spoke, a soft smile on his face. Levi felt a warm tear flow down her face.

Levi placed a hand on his cheek and leaned forward slightly, her head resting against his. Aiden closed the gap and their lips met for the final time, Levi ignoring the taste of his blood in her mouth. 

As she moved back, his eyes flickered between Levi and Ethan before Ethan hushed him. As Aiden spluttered once more, Levi felt his hand grow cold and watched as Aiden gently lowered him down to the ground.

Levi was aware of Scott and the rest of the pack standing at the top of the stairs but it didn't stop her from yelling out.

"NO!" She screamed and Derek scooped her into his arms, letting her cling on to his shirt and staining it with hot tears, screaming and hitting his chest in the process.

Chris watched as the two teenagers cried other their brother and best friend before looking up at Scott and his friends, slightly glad that they were at least alive.

Levi screamed for the last time, it turning into a slightly howl and her eyes flashing a bright red. She collapsed into Derek's arms again before Scott rushed down the steps, and taking her from Derek's arms. He held her in a bridal hold, her arms wrapped tightly around his neck and her face buried into his shoulder.